Tuesday 4 January 2022

Tuesday

 Morning, everyone!  It's dry outside but it does feel a fair bit chillier than the last few days.  Yesterday ended up as a nothing sort of day - precious little sun, just a bit dull and gloomy.

Thank you for your ironing comments.  I seem to be in a minority here < grin > ; after all, I even iron tea towels although there is a practical reason for this.  They fit much better in their limited storage space when they are nice and flat and ironed and not crumpled up at the edges.

It was nice to get back to circuits yesterday.  Lindsey had little pity on out week of festive indulgence and worked us hard.  It was good fun - four of us there, one online and one with an injured foot, I believe (nothing to do with Lindsay) who should be able to come next week.

Lindsey has set us a challenge which is to do a hundred squats each day this week.  She has a YouTube clip of this - twenty five repeats of four different squats while the kettle boils!
If you want to see what Lindsey is like, here's the clip from her YouTube channel.

I caught up with the new Pottery Throw Down on record yesterday.  Obviously, having a 'clean bottom' is the 'soggy bottom' of the pottery world - I wonder if Channel four decided it must have a 'slightly naughty hook' like Bake Off.  It doesn't come over nearly as well as when uttered by Mary or Paul, I have to say!
However, the programme was great and there seems to be some fabulous potters taking part this time.   I'm looking forward to how it all develops.  Did anyone else watch it?




Yesterday's Twelve Days present was a suncatcher.  You may remember that, before Christmas, I went into town and bought some glass tree ornaments from a stall on the market.  As well as those, I bought an owl and decided to make it a Twelve Days gift.  I'll take off the cord loop and use one of those removable stick on hooks (assuming it sticks to glass) to fasten it to a window but I'm not sure which one yet.







I didn't really get an awful lot else achieved yesterday apart from the ironing so I definitely have to use my list today or I will get all behind.

I want to sort out that bedding, get the candle decorations away, take the Christmas tablecloths, etc, up and away, dismantle the snow village and do some dusting/polishing.  That ought to keep me out of trouble, don't you think?
Oh, and I must pop round the corner to Morrisons as I'm very low on fresh food and some dairy.

What are your plans for today now that things are getting back to normal?
Stay safe and warm.  xx




20 comments:

  1. Well, Happy New Year Joy. I have watched that you tube clip and frankly Lindsey is a MONSTER!!! Also, how blooming big is her kettle? Id have to have one of those church urn sized kettles to even do 25 squats to let alone 4 x 25! However I will try to do it alongside you hahaha - I went back to SW did I tell you? I had a 4 week freebie if you like as I had an email letting me know that I still had 4 weeks left to use from a COVID LOCKDOWN countsown I had bought so I returned at the end of November. The weigh in before Christmas I got my stone certificate and total loss was 1 stone 5 lbs in 4 weeks! This tells me I must have been chucking the junk food down a lot! Anyway, a post Christmas weigh in showed a teeny tiny gain of 2lbs so I am spurred back on!
    My plans for today are to go to work as thankfully my LFT shows negative. I will start dismantling Christmas after work leaving the tree until tomorrow as always x have a wonderful day xx I already have my first cup of tea so no squats yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - the usual size. I did mine this morning while boiling a full kettle and it turned off half way through the last section so it is do-able! Truly.
      I can do squats, it's the bouncy things, like star jumps, that I can't manage.

      You've done so well to fight back - well done. That was a lucky countdown for you.

      Good luck with school - I hope it goes really well for you.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Squats whilst the kettle's on? Right now if I tried ANY squats it would take me minutes of groaning whilst clinging onto the worktop, haha!

    I love that owl suncatcher, I too bought several glass tree decorations at a craft fair, they're so pretty I think. Have a good productive day, Joy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are pretty. I made sure the Christmas tree ones were placed in front of a light to get the best from them.

      I'm OK with squats - a couple of years of working with Lindsey have made sure of that. A hundred in one go is just about the right challenge for me so I'm going to try and see.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I took our tree down yesterday and got that all packed away until next year. I’m working on laundry today. The owl sun catcher is so pretty. I love owls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - they are such attractive creatures.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I had a go a the squats but 100 in one go is too much for me with my current level of fitness so I only managed 50. When I recover I'll let you know whether I'm pleased with that or not! 😂

    I watch the Pottery Throw Down. I really liked the fairy set made by Christine (I think). It should be a good series - lots of talented potters in it this time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 50 is a great start. Well done.

      I'm very much looking forward to the next one . . . I much prefer it to Bake Off.
      xx

      Delete
  5. If I got down into a squat I wouldn't get back up again.. :-) And we loved the pottery throw down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have seen how I started. Just a little dip down and then much groaning and grunting on the few centimeters up again.
      Enough to make a cat laugh, as the saying goes.
      xx

      Delete
  6. That is a cute owl. It will look lovely on the window.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, when I get around to it!
      xx

      Delete
  7. Grocery run first thing this morning then later I walked up to the library for books and DVDs to keep me going until next week. Since then I have just been reading and working on a puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a very pleasant day.
      xx

      Delete
  8. Considering it was 18c here on Saturday, perhaps there is no such thing as normal, as things became very un-normal for my area yesterday. After predicting 7-15cm of snow, we ended up with 38cm, high winds, a 26 hour power outage and impassable roads. Because I live in the country, no power means not only the loss of heat, but also water and toilet flushing since we have a well and septic. Then it went down to -10c overnight. Fortunately, we have a wood stove, so we at least were able to keep warm and we didn't have to go out. Had to throw out most of refrigerator and freezer items. Power came back on this afternoon. Possibly freezing rain tonight. More snow predicted for overnight Thursday. Will be filling up the water containers and leaving out the lanterns and flashlights.:) 2022 is having a bit of an inauspicious start, but not going to let the mood linger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mary - that sounds very tricky indeed and what a sudden change of weather. I am so glad your power is on again now. How awful about the fridge items though and what a shame the freezer didn't hold the temperature all that well. Hoping it all picks up for you soon.
      xx

      Delete
  9. What a lovely owl suncatcher. So pretty! It's cold here again. Really cold this morning - the pond on my walk was mostly frozen over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got colder and colder through yesterday and, for round here, it is pretty chilly this morning.
      xx

      Delete
  10. Squats while the kettle boils eh ... I tend to put away any dry pots off the draining board and tidy the kitchen, at least there's a bit of stretching and moving involved I suppose, better than eating a biscuit. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so. I empty the dishwasher usually - but there's time for both! ;-)
      xx

      Delete