Thursday 27 January 2022

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.
After a very dull start to the day, out came the sun and it was absolutely lovely.  A gorgeous day's weather.  The wind seems to have got up just a little at the moment but it's not super-cold at all.  Beeb says sunny intervals and a moderate breeze which sounds pretty good to me.  Bring it on!

Yesterday was a day of bits and bobs.

It started early morning when I decided that instead of going to Morrisons for a few things that I missed on Monday, I would go to M&S/Aldi - just because I like it there.  So I did and, of course, came back with more than I planned for which is very naughty but there you go!

When I checked my mailbox, there was an email from James (solicitor) with attachments to read and amend, if necessary.  It wasn't, all seemed to be in order although I asked about one thing that wasn't clear - however he assured me that it was there, just wrapped up in the necessary legal language.
The proper will that needs signing will come by post, of course, as will the letter of wishes that goes with it.
So later on, I posted the 'accept' sheet back to him after having to go and get some more stamps - so I did go to Morrisons after all!
So that is all in hand.

At around eleven, Sharon Blackman came round to deliver three prints that she has had printed for me.  I can't remember if I've mentioned her before, I probably have, but just in case . . .
I first met Sharon when she had a mini craft open day at her then home, not far from here, quite a long time ago.  She has a very individual style in pictures created with fabrics and stitchery and, I think, they are absolutely lovely in their own way.   That sort of work/style appeals to me so strongly.  Anyway, at this sale Beth and I bought bits and bobs, enjoyed her excellent coffee and shortbread and generally enjoyed ourselves.  She is a very generous lady and threw in for free a lovely shopping bag which I still use - it's in the car at the moment but I'll try and remember to take a photo of it later.
(She still does - every order I have made with her has contained a few extra items for free and this latest one is no exception - two cards with envelopes and two postcards)

Since then, Sharon has started an Etsy shop where she sells prints of her pictures in various forms - cards, postcards, calendars, etc,   Her Christmas cards are fantastic, I think. She also has a Facebook page.
Here's a link to her shop - please do go and look.  She posts her work out very quickly.
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SharonBlackmanArt

And I lifted this off her Facebook page - thanks, Sharon.


She brought round these three prints that I thought would look really nice in the guest room.  They are entitled 'blue jug and bowl', 'blue window box' and 'blue flowers' - see the common link for things going into the blue room?  They have been beautifully printed onto quality paper/thin card and now I have to find frames.

As they're not standard sizing, I looked for and located a framing shop just outside town.  I know where it is so either today or tomorrow I will drive over and see what they can do.
Photos will follow at some point!

Anyway, moving on - later on I drove around to Lindsey's for an hour of hard work, chat and laughter.  I always come away feeling invigorated and mentally refreshed.

Today * should * be a bit less busy but you never can tell.  I have the usual Thursday coffee and chat with Chris and I may drive out to that framing place - in fact, I probably will.  Their website says there's a ten to fifteen day turn around so the sooner I get them there, the sooner I will be able to put them up.
Also, I want to worry away at the ISO chapter a bit more.  I'm not finding it as easy to understand as it says I should.  I think it's all the numbers - I'm mildly dyscalculic and there's a lorra numbers in this part of the course.
And that's about it really for today.  I'm looking forward to it all.  
Take care, stay safe, masks or not, and be happy!  xx

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with the numbers gone are the days of memorising phone numbers etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness!!!
      At least they are not abstract numbers.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I set Auto ISO so rarely change the setting, and adjust the aperture or shutter speed instead.

    Hope you have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense. I'm not getting very good results changing ISO.
      Thanks - you too.
      xx

      Delete
  3. You are clearly enjoying your camera and it'll be nice to see the photo's when you take them. Do you feel that you are improving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a difficult one. I think I am being more critical and am looking forward to the more arty side of it. Whether things are actually any better, I don't know, I haven't taken many using new found knowledge yet.
      It's interesting though.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Sharon's work is beautiful, I particularly like the Flowers in the Box picture, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous, isn't it. I love her style.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you were able to get the will taken care of.

    Sharon seems like she is very talented. The photo of her work is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she is very good and I love her style.
      xx

      Delete
  6. That's a beautiful print. How nice that you can meet up with your friends and enjoy coffee and dessert together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No dessert - we just have coffee and a good old natter. It's lovely!
      xx

      Delete