Saturday 29 January 2022

Saturday

 Morning, everyone.  It's not that cold right now and it's cloudy but maybe it will brighten up a bit later.  You never know.

Yesterday was quite a lazy day.  In fact, when I think back, I can't remember doing all that much at all.  The day started with the Slimming World meeting which was really good and most enjoyable.  Most people weren't wearing masks (the chairs are distanced though and some were) and I have to say I found it all much more accessible - in other words, I heard a lot more.  Bad me, eh?

After that I walked home again, had breakfast and just idled the time away really.  I did some tidying but I didn't do the ironing so that really is top of the list this morning.
When the lovely cleaner arrived, I got out of her way by going out for a while; I went over town to Tesco as I've not been there in ages and I'm glad I did.

In five weeks' time, Lindsey is taking a group of us to Potters for a long weekend.  This is Potters . . .
https://www.pottersholidays.com/
When I say 'taking us' I mean she has organised it all and it's an activity weekend.  She has the use of a room Saturday and Sunday morning for her exercise classes and guests all have use of the gym and the pool.  I'm really looking forward to it.
Anyway, I was getting a bit concerned about what to wear in the evenings - I know that sounds silly but I gather people dress up just a bit and I don't really have much in the way of smart stuff.  I do have some nice tops though so I though if I could get a good pair of leggings, that would work.  And what did I find at Tesco but some nice leggings, slightly more expensive but much better quality that the ones I already have.
(and just about everyone was wearing a mask)
Shoes was another thing but I do have a pair of slightly more dressy Hotter shoes with a bit of a heel (around one inch which is as much as I can cope with) and I'm going to wear them for a while every day through February to get used to them.
And that will just have to do!

When I got home there were two parcels waiting - one was a pair of more robust looking secateurs and the other I had forgotten about, having ordered it before Christmas.  It was a Villeroy and Boch Christmas plate, supposed to be seconds although I can't see why so that's good.  It's a nice contrast to the brighter coloured one I have already.


Today looks like being another lazy day.  This morning I must do the ironing and this afternoon I am popping over to Chris and Steve's so they can witness me signing my will (which arrived yesterday too) before I post it back.  Once that's done I will be relieved.

Have a good one, everybody, and keep safe.

14 comments:

  1. Morning Joy! Sounds like a perfect Friday. Its a bit wild and squally here what a gorgeous plate x Enjoy your Saturday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit breezy here, the skies have cleared but there are little pink puffs of cloud which usually mean rain ahead at some point.

      It is nice, isn't it. I love my random Christmas plates.

      You have a good day too. xx

      Delete
  2. Mornin' Joy. It's blowing a hoolie outside and I'm tucked up under a blanket in the conservatory. I'm planning on browsing some of your old recipe posts and making a meal plan for the next few weeks. You make such tasty sounding meals and I know they won't bust my diet if I choose carefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gather this latest storm will affect northern areas much more than southern ones. Hopefully it won't be too bad. Snuggling under a blanket sounds so cosy and comfortable.
      Hoping you find some inspiration - thank you for the kind words. xx

      Delete
  3. I popped into the Potters page and browsed for awhile. It looks really good. Leggings are so versatile (and so comfy) aren't they and can really be used for any occasion. I am thinking of wearing them at a wedding with a posh tunic top that I have found and as you say plus shoes with a bit of a heel. I don't do high heels at all now left them behind some years ago. Gorgeous plate. Daughter Nº1 bought me a Villeroy and Boch Christmas mug two Christmases ago. It is really lovely china. Lazy days are a bonus... says I :-). Take care. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look nice, doesn't it? What with all the on-site amenities and being pretty close to the coast, I am seriously thinking of a few more weekends there on my own at some point. It looks to be a straightforward two hour drive away which isn't so bad.
      I like leggings as long as my bum and thighs are covered. I'm umming and ahing about looking for another posher top - There's time to think about it anyway!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on this week's weight loss. The Potters trip sounds like it'll be good fun. I had a look at the hotel ... will you be entering for the bowling tournament?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - no thanks. Actually, I don't think it's on that weekend. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Hello.. I love potters have been there many times for different occasions and events ..food is amazing and such a wonderful choice …evenings are lovely and entertainment brilliant …so much to do there also .. you’ll love it .. sadly I’ve now moved from Essex to Devon but often think of such good breaks I’ve had at potters .. will look forward to your opinion of it …last time I went was Christmas 2019 then in the January moved to Devon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been before but Lindsay says it is absolutely brilliant there. Five weeks to go and I will be there! Yay!
      xx

      Delete
  6. Meant to say then move in January 2020

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice plate! The getaway is something to look forward to. Husband and I are hoping to have a long weekend away next month. Won't be sand and sunshine though - we're planning a trip further up north to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan where it's colder and snowy-ier. I'm hoping to take some lovely landscape photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much look forward to seeing them when you come home, Sharon. I really love your winter photos. xx

      Delete