Sunday 30 January 2022

Sunday

 Morning, everyone!  Welcome to Sunday.  We did get some sunshine yesterday but the wind picked up a bit too - nothing like more northern areas had it, just a bit gusty, and I do hope none of my readers have suffered any damage to property.  It is still, dry and clear right now but too early to tell is there's a frost although I wouldn't be surprised if there is.

I spend some time in the kitchen yesterday making a batch of savoury mince sort of bolognaise style, some hash browns and a few rather tasty meals.  The mince and the hash browns are now chilling in the freezer for use over then next few weeks/months.  The new wall fan did its job admirably, I am pleased to say.

You will be delighted to know, I am sure, that I finally got the ironing done - just in time for some new washing to go on the drying rack.  Never ending but I don't really mind that much.  Having such a selection of clothing is a privilege, isn't it?

It was just a nice, gentle, unexciting day, the highlight of which was popping over the cul de sac to Steve and Chris, new will, instruction sheet and pen in hand, so they could witness me signing my will and do the necessary themselves.  Then it went straight into the prepaid return envelope and it should now be winging its way back to James.  All done now apart from receiving my copy and paying the bill and it is a weight off my mind, for sure.

We had an interesting sunset.  It wasn't one of those gloriously red and gold affairs, it was more dramatic with the sun behind some clouds that were banking up on the horizon.  I was lucky to spot it; it didn't last all that long.  Obviously (!), I grabbed the camera, dashed out the back and clicked.  As always, the photo doesn't really do it justice but never mind!


It's a shame it was quite short lived because I could have played around with settings.  Never mind.

Today is going to be nice.  I haven't seen much of Beth and Alex this month so they are coming over for dinner today.  Roast lamb for me and Alex and a bean crumble for Beth.  I do enjoy cooking a Sunday meal!

They will stay for the afternoon - well, Beth will anyway, Alex might go home - and have various good things to talk about, including starting up our eating outs together again.  Two years ago, she and I had a lovely time at Zizzi's, taxis and all, and decided we would do this once a month when possible.  Then Covid landed so, of course, we never did.
Maybe it's time to start again, we will see.

Before then, I want to do a bit more camera course.  I'm moving on from ISO - I'm not sure I've truly got it but never mind.  The tick lists at the end of every chapter make me smile.  they all start with 'I know . . .' and I'm not entirely sure I do in that I'm most unsure I will remember it in two weeks' time.  I need loads of experience, that's the thing.  
Anyway, I'm moving on to The Exposure Triangle and it says it's the most complicated chapter in the entire book so what are my chances, would you say?
We will see!

What does your day look like?  Are you doing anything special or having a gentle homey day?  Have a lovely one anyway - be happy, warm and safe.  xx

18 comments:

  1. Hope the Exposure Triangle isn't the same as the Bermuda Triangle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rofl. Well, if you never see me again you will know what happened. I just disappeared!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the chapter some times it takes more than one reading to make sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're telling me!!! It's all those numbers, they do my brain in! lol
      xx

      Delete
  3. That sky looks beautiful. Was the silver lining as dramatic as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More so really. It had a harder edge to it.
      Thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  4. It's hard to play around with your camera during a sunrise or a sunset isn't it, because as fast as you get things snapped, the light changes and it's hard to compare results.

    I can't get excited about your ironing ... sorry. It must be a couple of years since I ironed anything. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. In the time it took me to go back inside and upstairs to see the thing from an upstairs window, it had all changed.
      xx

      Delete
  5. My comment seems to have disappeared so I'll try again.

    I hope you had a lovely time with Beth and Alex today. Good luck with the exposure triangle information. I'm happy to help if needed xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How odd - I'm sure I answered it. Anyway, thanks, Eileen, it was lovely.
      xx

      Delete
  6. That sunset is lovely Joy. Thank you for sharing it here x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little warmer here but still below zero. Enjoy your day with Alex and Beth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rather pleasant here right now (Monday) - milder and sunny. xx

      Delete
  8. That's a gorgeous photo. Sounds like you are having fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, Steph. It was a lovely day! xx

      Delete
  9. Glad you had a lovely day. That sunset is gorgeous. The colours along with the clouds just make it spectacular!

    ReplyDelete