Tuesday 11 January 2022

Tuesday

Morning, everyone.  I seem to be in another phase of not sleeping terribly well.  It's half past four and I've been awake for quite a while.  There's no point fretting about it - it doesn't help and only makes things worse - but it's a bit of a pain, all the same.  I think I need to start something one usually does for toddlers - a consistent bedtime routine.  They say it helps, don't they.

I was very pleased to get all the decoration boxes and bags into the garage yesterday morning.  It took a bit of huffing, puffing and pushing, especially the Christmas tree bag which is very big and pretty heavy, but I got there in the end.  So that's all tucked away for another eleven months-ish now.  The way time is flying, it really won't seem very long at all before it all comes out again!

Circuit training at Lindsey's was brilliant  The whole group - all six of us - turned up and Lindsey pushed us through a variety of stuff, all designed to get the heart rate up and the blood flowing.  I was particularly pleased because I've been working for a long time on calf and ankle strength after I damaged them last June - do you remember - and was hobbling around for ages afterwards.  Lindsey always suggests low impact versions of everything which I have always chosen but yesterday I decided to try a bit of the higher impact versions and managed some without any discomfort.  I'm not sure things will ever be quite as good as they were before June but they're definitely very much better, to my great relief.  
That gives me a good personal target for these Monday sessions when we do higher impact stuff and I'll continue working on the specific strengthening exercises at home too.

It was also nice to start the tuition sessions again after a longer break than usual.  My student very proudly informed me that they had a different teacher because, and I quote, 'Mr T has just had a baby'.  Very nice for Mr T and I am sure Mrs T had something to do with it too!!

Today starts with an early morning shop.  However, the biggie is the blue room which is a very posh name for the guest room that happens to have blue curtains!
By the end of the day I want to have sorted out sundry big cupboards, have all the Christmas fabrics (cushions, tablecloths, etc, etc) tucked neatly away, the bed made and everything ready for my weekend guest.  I have 'bin bags' on the shopping list!
If I can get all that done, I will be a happy bunny.

Have a lovely day, whatever your plans.  Stay safe, well and happy and much love to anyone feeling less than 100% today.  xx

10 comments:

  1. Try to rest up whenever you can today, Joy. I managed a little longer than you, I was awake just after 5. I have no problem getting to sleep, or staying asleep for that matter, but I always wake far too early, regardless of whether Mog has anything to do with it. At least it gives me a little time to myself, and the washing machine is already on, so I can get it hung up before I go to work. Silver linings. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same really. I'd love to sleep a bit longer and I do have phases of being able to do so.
      However, I get loads done first thing, like you, so definitely a silver lining!
      xx

      Delete
  2. So dark and gloomy this morning I had to drag myself out of bed just before 8!
    Hope your sleep patterns get better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am envious! Mind you, by that time I was just going in to M&S!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your plans and hopefully you will have some better nights

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a busy day ahead of you. Hope you get everything done. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen. It all went really well.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear you were having trouble with sleeping, Joy. A consistent bedtime should help. (and that's something I don't have. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nil. Yes, I think a routine should help quite a lot.
      xx

      Delete