Saturday 8 January 2022

Saturday

 Good morning, everyone!  It's definitely not so cold at the moment but it is a bit wet and the forecast is for rain on and off pretty much all day so it's just as well I have no plans to go out, isn't it?

Isn't it nice to see things coming up again.  I snapped a couple of things from my little front strip.





These are bluebells and have been steadily and slowly growing since the beginning of December.  They will be a picture in April/May sort of time but the green shoots make me smile - they're right by the front door so I smile quite a lot!




Year after year these come up.  I seem to have lost some over the year and might get some more as they are so lovely in these early months of the year.  We will see.




Yesterday was just one of those pleasant days when you just potter happily from one thing to another without any stress.
I walked to Slimming World (it's just round the corner and I ought to walk every time really) and it was a very busy session with lots of returners who took time 'off' over Christmas and were biting the bullet, so to speak.  Also there were four new members which was lovely.  Lots of people stayed to the second half which was great and Lindsey did her usual first session of the year which is just going through the SW approach - a sort of Back to Basics thing.  It's always helpful to do that now and again.

Then I walked home and enjoyed breakfast!

I did pop out in the afternoon.  I went to Homesense, Matalan and Home Bargains but there really wasn't much.  HomeSense had lots if interesting bits and bobs but very little that really caught my eye apart from some no added sugar apricot jam which I got because it seems to be rather thin on the ground right now - even online has pretty much sold out.
Matalan was rather dull and dreary but I did get a pack of 'big girls pants' (style, not size).
And then in Home Bargains I bought two jars of roasted red peppers in brine because I use them quite a lot and was down to my last jar.
So - nothing at all exciting which is probably just as well.

When I got home, the cleaner was in the middle of making my home all clean and shiny so I got out of her way, went upstairs and read for a while.

And that was that really.

Today is pretty empty as far as diary stuff is concerned but I have washing to do, plenty of sorting out to get on with and I need to plan the week's meals and start the next shopping list, so I won't be lazy.
Sending love to all my friends in here who are not feeling 100% right at the moment together with as many positive vibes as I can muster for you.  Take care, rest up as much as you can and I really do hope you all feel loads better very soon.
xx

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day for you yesterday, I do like a good pottering day. The rain here has been pouring down all night and it's very dark and dreary, a good day for watching some movies. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really pleasant. Pottering is great.
      It's pretty horrible here too and YouTube is calling. I could have a pj day but I think I want to get dressed.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Well I'll be stuck at home laughing at You Tube videos for the next week so I may has well man up and suck it up. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good day.
    It's gloomy and wet here but it doesn't matter, as I'm going to do a big supermarket shop later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Online or face to face? If the latter, hope you don't get too wet! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the weight loss. It's a gloomy day here and for some reason the house feels cold even though the heating is on. I'm keeping myself warm by moving things out of the music room and stacking them in the upstairs playroom for temporary storage. Hope you have a good day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      I think the sun warms the place up nicely and that's what we miss. It's chucking it down right now. Not nice.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Yes, I do love to see things coming up again. Our Bradford pear tree is loaded with buds right now. They usually bloom in February, so they are right on track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be an absolute picture in a short while, won't it?
      xx

      Delete
  6. We've had some bitterly cold temps this week (e.g. -10c Monday, -7c last night), so not much of anything coming up here...unless you are talking about snow totals (e.g. 38cm Monday, 5cm yesterday). :)

    Today will be a pottering day for me, too. A bit of this and that and then some reading. Wood stove is warming the house nicely and giving the heat pump a bit of a rest (@35+ years of age, we're babying it along).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a pottering day. I sometimes wish for a whole week of them.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very pleasant, aren't they? xx

      Delete
  8. Oh wow! Lovely to see the things growing in the garden! The snow has buried everything lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it has your way - It is lovely to see some colour again. xx

      Delete