Thursday 13 January 2022

Thursday

Morning, everyone.  It's a typical winter early morning - frost, clear skies and a light mist to the air that might or might now develop into something thicker.  Beeb says it won't, it's going to be a lovely day, cold and sunny.  Bring it on!

I'm very happy to say that I went online yesterday and paid off the rest of my holiday in May.  Southwold once more; last year things were pretty restricted because of the big C and I missed out on Sutton Hoo because it was closed due to high winds.

It means I can take another trip to Framlingham - I really love Framlingham - and maybe look around the lovely church next to the castle.  It was closed last year.
See - holiday planning already!

My pillows arrived, oddly in two separate boxed delivered by two separate companies.  They feel great and I road tested one overnight.  Very comfortable.  It's nice to know that my guests will be more comfortable and I am now umming and ahing about some for myself.

I so enjoyed personal training yesterday.  All the hard work and the squat challenge each day it making such a difference.  There is still a slight residual weakness in calves and ankles but the rest of me is stronger and fitter than before Dad was ill and I had to stop for a while.  It's really odd that I am enjoying it so much because I've never been a sporty person.  Show me a competitive game and you'd be surprised how far and fast I can run - in the opposite direction!  This is different.  It is personal and the only competition is myself, Lindsey listens to me, take what I say seriously and adapts things accordingly.

I have a List for today.
Pick up meds and LFTs - I have a collect code for the latter but the chemist may not have any, of course
Tidy out car - I have a whole load of stuff from Dad's in the back - garden chairs mostly - that I haven't got round to moving to the garage.  It's time to do it.
Take car for wash and clean out.  A treat for me and they do a really good job.  The car will end up shining!
Make bolognaise - that's for the weekend when Suzanne visits.
AYWMC - get back on it again!  I'm devoting an hour or so to it because I'm a bit behind.

Before all of that, I am popping round to Chris' for coffee and a chat.

What a nice day!  I hope you have some good things planned too.  Whatever they are, stay safe, warm and positive.  Love to all the recovering 'invalids' < grin > - I am very glad things are looking up for you.
xx


16 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to visit Sutton hoo when they had all the jewellery from the British museum on loan it was stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been there for several years and I gather it has changed quite a lot since then. xx

      Delete
  2. If I was you I would have the new pillows myself and give the guests my old ones but in nice new pillow protectors ... but I'm mean like that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > - don't think I'm not considering it . . .
      xx

      Delete
  3. Mornin' Joy. It's looking quite promising here too. Blue sky and sunshine already so I might get some laundry dried outside if it warms up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still frosty here, just a bit, but the sunshine is lovely!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your trip…I am excited to possibly go to NYC for my big half birthday this year…as of now not happening…no traveling during Covid…which is getting bad again…or has it ever not been bad????
    My favorite city….London is close second…my eldest grand is living in Brooklyn since Jan 1 and working from home for NYC publisher…will stay on hotel and see her…she shares with other girls…live your blog…do you enjoy reading….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes in waves, doesn't it, as new variants develop. I guess you are feeling the effects of the omicron variant right now, as we are here too.
      I do enjoy reading and I also enjoy re-reading too.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Good that you have your trip to Southwold to look forward to this spring. Have been there and to Framlingham Castle, but it has been at least a decade. Very enjoyable. I'm planning another trip over the Pond which is the one thing that is keeping me in a good mood these days. Hoping to meet up with friends in Scotland for part of the trip. Keeping fingers crossed. All triple jabbed and good at taking precautions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be lovely, Mary. Fingers crossed it all comes off OK for you.
      xx

      Delete
  6. How exciting to have your holiday booked. You are much more organised than me as I still can't decide where I want to go. Ideally it'd be London but it's too soon to consider that and anyway may well be even busier because of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think London will be pretty busy, yes. Maybe next year instead?
      xx

      Delete
  7. Foggy and cold here across the pond in my little area of Canadian prairies.

    I hope you had a lovely day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks, Jackie. I hope your fog clears soon.
      xx

      Delete
  8. How exciting! I'm jealous of your trip to Southwold. It's a lovely town. I won't be over in May else I would meet up with you! I love Framlingham. It's been ages since I've been there, but the castle is so beautiful. I need to be braver when I'm over next time and explore lots of little towns and villages as there are wonderful treasured places to discover!

    ReplyDelete