Tuesday 18 January 2022

Tuesday

 Good morning, everyone.  We have another frosty start to the day here with a crystal clear sky and a shining not-quite-full moon.  It's beautiful out there.

After a leisurely breakfast, both of us chatting nineteen to the dozen, Suzanne collected her things together and departed and I got my things together and set off to pick someone up and head for circuit training  The sun was shining, the roads were pretty clear and it was very pleasant.

Lindsey worked us very hard during circuits - which is just what I pay for so no complaints - and I'm beginning to be able to do some of the higher impact stuff - so I'm doing, for example, ten star jumps and then ten of the no jump alternatives.  That's a bit improvement on even just before Christmas and it felt great!  After the summer injuries, I am being extremely careful, but it's great to see progress.

Suzanne let me know she was safely home after a remarkably easy journey, considering she was on the M25. 

Later on, I set off down the road for tuition and that was good too.  My student's teacher is back today having 'had his baby' and some time off.  I am guessing there will be a few celebrations in the staffroom at some point - cake, for a start!  I remember playground cake with great affection.

When I got home from that I suddenly felt absolutely shattered.  I'm very much an introvert and, while I love meeting up with others and enjoying their company is absolutely fantastic, it does drain me - I get my energy from being on my own.
I was so tired I ended up in bed before eight o'clock, thinking that if I did wake early, so be it.  I might have had a wakey spell in the night, I don't remember, but I woke just before five this morning and feel a lot livelier again!  Phew.

It's nice that I have a day in today.  Nothing in the diary at all.  Normally, I would think about doing my weekly shop but, looking at what's on the list, nothing is particularly urgent so I will give it a miss this week and just use up what I have.

The biggie is washing.  I have a full basket plus towels and bedding, so that's top of the list really and, assuming a sunny day like yesterday, I might get some of it out on the line.  It might not completely dry, but it will freshen up nicely in the sunshine.
The other is sorting out the Sunday chicken.  Having boiled up the carcass overnight in the slow cooker, I have to sort that out, get it into little pots and into the freezer.  Ditto with a bowl of chicken 'bits', always useful for pies, pasta, pate, etc.  
I also want to start looking for country cottages in the Peaks.  Suzanne has never been and I would love to go back, so it seems a good place to start our holiday adventures.

Well, better go.  The first load of washing should be fairly close to finishing so I can put in the next load which will then go in the tumble dryer so there's no piles of wet washing waiting for space on the drying rack.  The third load can probably go outside on the line.

What are your plans for today?  Have a good one and keep safe and well.  xx


16 comments:

  1. Good luck with the laundry I hope it’s nice and sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksw, Diane. The first load is on the drying rack. ;-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Mornin' Joy. There's nothing quite like the smell of line dried laundry is there. I'm working this afternoon so have had a bit of a sleep in this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get a train to work. They take 12 minutes. The bus takes 45 and costs more than twice as much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the many lovely things about summer, isn't it?
      I hope you were able to get a train - that's a big difference in price and in time.
      xx

      Delete
  3. After a chatty breakfast and then a good workout I can completely understand the need to be on your own to recharge your batteries, I am exactly the same. Suzanne was very lucky on the M25, there are very few windows of happily flowing traffic on there, I don't think we ever found one.

    It was a lovely clear night here last night too, with the full moon and the clear sky you could still see clearly outside as it didn't seem to go completely dark at all. And it was freezing cold, a hot water bottle was a very necessary companion in bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was lucky - it can be absolutely dreadful on the M25!
      I don't use a hottie but I do love my electric blanket. Very cosy and comforting.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I find it's lovely to spend time with other people but even lovelier to get back to enjoying my own company! I still need to find the right balance but am getting there.

    I went into town this morning to meet Joy and to look around the museum, then a bit of shopping and now I'm back at home to warm up and start reading one of the books I bought today. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a lovely day both with Joy and back at home with your books. xx

      Delete
  5. As Eileen says, nice to have visitors, but equally nice to get our own space back! With me I think it's the effort involved in constantly having to chat, arrange things to do, ensure our visitors are comfortable, and just having to, well, be nice all the time(!) that wears me out. We couldn't see the moon here last night, too cloudy, but the night before it was really bright. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a full on experience, isn't it, without a break. It definitely is tiring.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Another introvert here who completely understands the price to be paid for socializing. Glad you were able to get a good night's rest. Must admit I stayed burrowed well under the covers last night. The heat pump wouldn't come on. Inside the house this morning it was 13c. Fortunately, heating fellow was able to come by and fix the issue quickly (programming problem on new thermostat). Will be getting a new heat pump next month...a hit to the budget, but current one is 30 years old so living on borrowed time as the usual lifespan of these things is only 10-15 years. Can't complain...just whinge a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's done extremely well but all things have their time, I guess. I'm glad the problem was easily sorted.
      xx

      Delete
  7. I'm an introvert too and being social drains me too. I don't think some people understand. It's really tough for some to be social. Probably why I hate doing it.

    Glad you were able to have a day in today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very tough. To be fair, I find it hard to understand the other side of it. It can't be any easier (or herder) being an extrovert really. Lockdown, for example, must have been an absolute nightmare!
      xx

      Delete
  8. You sound wonderful. I can relate to your feeling drained as an introvert. I am the same way. Love to connect one on one, though. It's always satisfying to keep up with the exercise routine and to get the washing done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One on one is great, I agree. Just not loads of it. lol
      xx

      Delete