Monday 31 January 2022

Monday

 Morning!  Another dry start to the day, not particularly chilly or windy and Beeb says we might see some sun today, as we did yesterday.

I had quite a busy morning getting the food ready for lunch before Beth and Alex turned up as well as making some freezer soups to use up slightly old veg.  I thoroughly enjoyed myself having them round - I think the last time they came round was New Year which, ridiculous as it sounds, is now a whole month away!  Oh, my word, where is the time going?

While Beth was there, we discussed all sorts of family things.  We took the first steps to booking a Greenwoods spa day at the end of March, when Beth has her next break from work and we decided that we will have a meal out at Prezzo that week too.  Nice.
(I tried to insert a photo of the spa here but Google didn't like it)

And that was it really.  I was very tired and had to fight to keep myself awake until a sensible bedtime hour.  I didn't have the energy to do any camera course and I even forgot about Throw Down.  Oh, well, I've got it on save anyway.

More wildly extravagant living.  I have taken  a year's subscription to 'Outdoor Photography'.  I blame Sharon really!!  ;-)
It would have been cheaper to take out a direct debit but I am awful at remembering to cancel after the year.

Today, being Monday is get-the-house-in-some-sort-of-order day so a bit of clearing, dusting, etc, there's things that need to go down to the garage and always the garden!  The snowdrops are starting to look pretty now.

There's circuits at Lindsey's today but no tuition.  It's my student's birthday today and the last thing they want is for me to come a-tutoring when you are celebrating being eleven!  I'm going tomorrow instead.  

I've started prepping today's meals (I always get as much done as I can first thing) so I guess I'd better go and see how it's all doing.
Enjoy your Monday and stay safe, everyone.  xx


14 comments:

  1. Can't believe it's the end of January already!

    It's really windy here.....not as bad as up North though, I don't think. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've had it really bad further north, I believe. It's a bit gusty right now but only mildly, not badly at all.
      I know - where has the month gone?
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hooray for the end of January. Still no sign of snowdrops in my new garden so somehow I shall have to put that right but I need some in the green from somewhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will see January as the month when the fear of covid started to life. There's ups and downs about that, if course, but it is nice to feel the spirits lifting.

      What a shame about no snowdrops. If you like, I could send you a few clumps - they're nothing special but they would spread after a few years. You have my email address so let me know.
      xx

      Delete
  3. The wind has been scary... dangerous and scary but thankfully it's gone now. Sun's shining though it's very cold today. You'll enjoy that photography subscription. are they online or magazines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magazines. I prefer them to online really
      I hope nothing was damaged your way.
      xx

      Delete
  4. The spa day with Beth will be something good to look forward to :) and the meal at Prezzo will make another lovely event.
    Enjoy your week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I am really looking forward to both things. A very nice way to celebrate Beth's week off and I'm sure she will be doing stuff with other folk too. xx

      Delete
  5. It's gorgeously sunny here at the moment after a really windy and wild night.

    Google might like it better if you save images to your computer first and then insert them from there, it's worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that - I think maybe the photo was sort of 'protected'. Fair enough, I was trying to 'borrow' it, which is a bit naughty really.

      It's lovely here too, despite a brisk breeze. Very cheering.
      xx

      Delete
  6. It feels good to get some things in the diary again, doesn't it. It sounds like life is opening up again and you have plenty to look forward to xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely to be looking outward again. I'm not a live it up kinda girl but I've missed the little bit I used to do.
      xx

      Delete
  7. The photo course will still be there when you have the energy. Oh I'm jealous you got a subscription! I should really as it's printed over there. By the time I get it here things are behind. I also have to hope that my local bookshop gets a copy as it is the only place that stocks it.

    The Spa sounds like something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the nice thing, isn't it?
      I thought a subscription for a year was a sensible way to go. Can you place an order with the bookshop so they get it for you?
      xx

      Delete