Thursday 8 April 2021

Thursday

Hello, everyone!  It's Thursday; the week is whizzing past, as is the month - we are over a quarter of the way through April, would you believe?
The sun was shining very first thing but it's clouding over now.  Beeb reckons it will be a bit dull all day; a shame, but at least it doesn't look as if we will have any frost.

The little strawberries survived the bottle treatment yesterday and had the same overnight although, thankfully, we had no frost.  It looks as if Sunday night might be pretty cold but after that things will warm up and we can take the fleece off the trees down the allotment.

Yesterday was a pretty easy day.  I got a whole pile of ironing done, to my great relief, before driving over to Lindsey's for PT.  It was jolly cold and I did the hour with a warm jumper over my usual T shirt and leggings, plus gloves for the first half hour, but she soon got me warmed up and it seemed to go well.  I'm feeling energised this morning, always the sign of a good session.  With any luck, next week we can use her new studio.  It's in the middle of being decorated and when that's finished, the equipment can all go in.  A heavy job but once done, it's done.
It really is a beautiful house.

After lunch, Val and I had a good old chat.  Next week, hopefully, I can go over to hers for a garden coffee and chat.  Weather permitting.

Today, there are two things in the diary, an online chat with Christine this morning and the Slimming World meeting early evening.  In between those two I have a house to clear for tomorrow's cleaners and some planting, weeding, etc, to be getting on with.


My thanks to Sue for mentioning about those little tops that turn plastic bottles into watering cans.  What a very useful thing and I had no idea, did you?  I have ordered a set and we will see which bottles they fit when they arrive.  The reviews say they are OK with the one litre bottles but not the larger two litres one.  We will see.




So - a very normal day with plenty of time for reading, crocheting and generally indulging myself.  I've started on the background squares for the second cat cushion and am not wondering about one for myself too, not with cats on the squares (I'm not a cat lady) but maybe with hearts or flowers or something.  If I did flowers and leaves, it would be nice for sitting outside.  I'll have a thunk about that.

Well, time to stop and get on to Facebook for the daily posts in my groups.  Have a super day and stay safe - our world might be opening up somewhat but it's still not all that safe, so go carefully.  xx

16 comments:

  1. Good idea to use the bottles I am all for repurposing things. I have also used them as watering devices for seedings that need gentle water. I have also up need them and part buried them beside tomato plants to ensure water and feed gets to the roots. Let's hope we get some warmer weather soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fingers crossed - we really could do with some extended warmth and sunshine.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Just wanted to say that I rreally love your monthly flower heading pictures Joy. I am assuming this month is a Geranium type of leaf. Enjoy the day whatever you get to do x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is, it's a perennial geranium I have in the garden and it really is very lovely once it starts flowering. I need to split it really.
      You have a lovely day as well.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I'm glad you found the bottle top waterers. I think I picked mine up at a show we went to when they were first available, they lasted for years ... and mine DID fit two litre bottles, so it will be interesting to see if yours will.

    To anyone not wanting to splash out or needing something immediately, heating a good darning needle up and pushing it through the lid of your pop bottle works almost as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered about that - would one be able to heat it in a candle flame - that's about the only open fire I have.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Those bottle tops are a great idea. I've never seen them before. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? I think they're brilliant. So simple and so clever.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Those bottle tops are great. I bought a set the other week. They don't fit a standard size drink bottle but the ones I ordered fit perfectly on my two litre pop bottles. I had hoped they would fit an ordinary multi pack size bottle as we do buy bottled water that way. Not very often we buy a two litre bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose once you have a few bottles, you wouldn't need any more. I'm aiming to pick up a few big bottles when I go shopping, to make some more individual cloches.
      xx

      Delete
  6. It sounds like you're having a lovely gentle day. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen, it was really pleasant.
      xx

      Delete
  7. You must have got the endorphins pumping at your PT session! We have been able to leave off the gloves the last two times we played tennis - it is really hard to hold a racquet while wearing gloves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should think it really is - it must be really slide-y to hold. Good for you for playing anyway.
      xx

      Delete
  8. Those bottle tops are a wonderful idea, I am going to search them out!

    ReplyDelete