Monday 19 April 2021

Monday

 Good morning, everyone.  It's a misty start to the day but considerably milder than it has been and it's expected to morph into 'sunny intervals and a gentle breeze' - fine by me!

Despite looking very busy on paper, yesterday was a lovely, gentle day when everything went well.
The slow roast beef cooked to a T in the slow cooker, giving me lots of lovely stock.  The roasties fell out of the new muffin tray with no help whatsoever, the swim was great with not too many people there, we got the potatoes planted and the sweet peas out in the allotment and generally had a great time.

Today there's just one thing in the diary and that is my gym induction.  When I joined before, all I wanted to use was the pool so I never had any kind of induction.  Things can change so much, can't they?  I'm a bit nervous but also looking forward to it so fingers crossed!

There's stuff to do, of course.  I have a load of whites washing that will go on the line when they're done and a load of coloureds will then go in.  That means ironing later on.  I need to plan some meals and, maybe, pop to the garden centre for more potting compost although I need quite a lot so am considering making an online order for convenience.  I still have the tomato pots to fill and there's some seed potatoes left so I plan to do what I did fairly successfully several years ago and use extra strong refuse bags as growing pots for them - or some of them anyway.  At the end of the season, the compost can go down the allotment.

Well, better stop and get the day started with a bath.  Have a lovely day, whatever you have planned.  xx

11 comments:

  1. Hope your induction at the gym goes well today and you have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just back from it and it was fine, thanks. Quite good fun.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Laurie - it did. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I always hate the induction session at a new gym, I'm much rather just watch someone use the equipment and copy by myself in private than be shown and then have to do it in front of the super fit gym staff. I'm glad it went well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for me it is 'do it and remember it'. That old Chinese (I think) saying that was the buzz thing in seventies teaching:
      I hear and I forget (or, in my case, I don't hear . . .)
      I see and I remember
      I do and I understand . . .'
      xx

      Delete
  4. I see from your previous responses that the gym induction was fine. Do they now create a bespoke exercise programme for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, except that I can see it will need fine tuning but I have a list of exercises. levels and repeats to be getting on with. It's up to me how much I follow it.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I am glad that the gym introduction went well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love misty mornings. They are great for photography especially in the woods!

    ReplyDelete