Saturday 17 April 2021

Saturday

 Good morning, everyone.  Yet another frost (quite a light one today) and yet more early sunshine (no complaints about that!).  To my delight, this should be the last of the frosts for now.  Beeb says so and they have been accurate so far through this week.

Yesterday started with a trip to Sainsbury's to do an early morning shop.  Yes, I bought clothes but it wasn't too naughty - a cardigan, a top and a light denim skirt for the warm weather coming (yes, it is, because I say so 😀)
I also stocked up on their lower calorie pizzas which I really love, plus other bits and bobs.  I'm nicely set up for the week now.

I pottered in the garden a bit, got the house good and ready for the cleaners and went upstairs where I sorted out all my tops and cardigans, folding and bagging those I no longer want to keep.  They're now in black bags in the car.
I now need to tackle my T shirt drawer and then I can take a trip to the clothes recycling point.

I didn't get to the allotment.  I felt quite weary so decided to stay in and rest.  I'm getting old, that's the trouble.
In fact I was in bed soon after eight, asleep soon after ten and woke at nearly six so must have had a good nine hours plus of sleep.  

Today starts with an early morning trip to Hobbycraft, the reason being that I am at the collar point of the jumper I am knitting and I don't have a circular needle in the right size.  I dislike using circular needles but I can't see any way around it unless I knit it separately and sew it on and I think that will be a bit clunky.  To my delight, Hobbycraft opens at eight this morning.

Then I am allotment bound.  My faith is in the BBC and I'm removing the fleece and attacking any daring weeds plus talking to the broadies.  I don't think I will do much else as Beth and I are going there tomorrow afternoon - always assuming we can move after Sunday dinner!

The rest of the day I am spending glued to the telly to watch the funeral.  I can knit (hence needing the circular needle), exercise on the rebounder and cycle and plan next week's meals so I won't be entirely idle.
Have a good day.  Are you watching the funeral?  xx

8 comments:

  1. It's cold and frosty here in Suffolk and I'm off to have my second jab. Hopefully I will be home for the funeral . I'll raise a my best china cup of coffee to HRH. Happy weekend. Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second jab - fantastic. I'm glad for you.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Yes, I will be watching the funeral today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No-one does ceremonial better than the Brits, I reckon. It may be an anachronism but it's always a spectacle, whatever the reason.
      xx
      xx

      Delete
  3. I would be watching the funeral but I have an online two hour class this morning. Nevertheless BBC World will put it on again later in the day so I can see it then. All the rain seems to be coming our way at present so I imagine you'll be having good weather very soon. Enjoy your day Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed - we need some warmth really; frost free nights.
      Have a lovely day. xx

      Delete
  4. It looks like a promising start to the day today. I don't think I will watch the funeral as it will be wall to wall funeral on the news tonight. I am hoping to get a roll of turf today as we have a little garden makeover project planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, exciting. I look forward to reading about your makeover.
      You're right about wall to wall but come the evening there will be YouTube updates to watch. :-)
      xx

      Delete