Friday 9 April 2021

Friday

 Good morning, everyone.  I'm awake ridiculously early today, no idea why and I expect I will have a power-nap later on but it's quite nice to see light dawning now and again.
It's nowhere near freezing this morning and is predicted to be fine until mid afternoon.  A bit of rain would be a good thing for the plants, I think.  Another frost is still on the cards for Sunday night but after that it all looks very pleasant indeed.

Yesterday was nice too.  I had a good old natter with Chris and the SW zoom meeting was, again, great fun.  I've been wearing my new hearing gizmo for things like the SW meeting and, undoubtedly, I am hearing a lot more and am taking much more part in the chat which is lovely.  The only thing is that because my aids are on the T switch, I can't hear myself talking.  Weird!

Today, I'm glad I've woken early because I want to do an early morning shop to M&S and Aldi.  Apart from that, the only other thing is the arrival of the cleaners this afternoon.
I'm expecting the delivery of a potting tray, the kind you use to pot up plants with containers at the back for labels, pens, etc.  It's quite small, which is what I wanted, and looks to be handy in stopping the soil spreading far and wide.   Hopefully.
Anyway, if it arrives in time, I shall be potting on the courgettes, I think, and getting the broccoli sown.

It's a fairly peaceful day today which I'm looking forward to very much.
Have a lovely day yourself.  xx


Later edit:  I forgot to mention something nice - I heard from the Premium Bonds people that I won £25 this month.  That's four £25 wins in nine months - better than interest in a savings account at the moment.  Cheered me up, that did!

16 comments:

  1. Those potting trays are very handy.
    Well done on your Premium Bond wins - very useful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, small as it is, it will make things so much easier. Handier. And thanks. Very useful indeed.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Nice to have a win. I once won a pair of rabbits and a hutch on a raffle my mum was furious. I was 12 at the time😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I can just imagine. A pair too - recipe for disaster!!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Isn't it funny how some days we are up with the lark and others we can't get going. The early starts always make me feel better for the day. Well done on the Premium Bond win, a very nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is odd, I agree, and I agree, an early start to the day helps everything to fall into place. It's nice.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the premium bonds so nice to have a little unexpected cheerfulness. Hope your new potting tray arrives and it is pressed into action very quickly. Have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. It was a lovely surprise. xx

      Delete
  5. Oh well done on your wins, that is a good pay out in nine months. I got 38p in interest on my bank account .... woohoo what SHOULD I spend it on!!

    Getting up early on sunny mornings is just wonderful isn't it, I seem to be doing it on alternate days due to being so tired after an early start the day before ... haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - a stick of chewing gum - just the one???
      It was a very pleasant start to the day and it's so cheering to get the chores done early.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your wins ... are you going to treat yourself?

    I don't know what the potting tray is so please will you post a photo when it arrives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > I already have. And some. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  7. Your a winner...congratulations! I have been planting, as well. It's exciting to be taking care of the flowers again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It really is exciting in a happy, non stressful way, isn't it? It does us the world of good.
      xx

      Delete
  8. Good for you on those wins.

    No planting here, probably not until mid May.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      One has to wait for the weather, doesn't one. Nature rules all the time.
      xx

      Delete