Thursday 1 April 2021

Thursday

 Good morning, everyone.  Welcome to April, pinch and a punch for the first of the month and white rabbits/no returns.  That's me covered!!


Seriously - can you believe it is April already?  One of my favourite months; so much happens and changes in April and, with the days getting longer and the average temperature rising, what's not to love about it?
Mind you, the weather can be surprising and, with strawberries planted out and plum tree starting to blossom, we are forecast freezing weather and, possibly, a bit of snow over the long weekend - Sunday/Monday, anyway.  Typical!!  Today should be OK with a high of around 14 - around 10 degrees lower than yesterday but not so bad all the same.

Yesterday was a lovely day.
I remembered that I wanted to get a little something for Lindsey as a housewarming gift so I popped round to Morrisons.  By the time I got home, it was just a bit too late to do the allotment work, especially as I now need to leave for PT earlier than previously.

It was great to be back to face to face Personal Training.  At the moment, Lindsey has all her equipment set up in the new double garage and, with the up and over door fully open, the place is ventilated enough to suit all the regulations.  After my cold and subsequent lack of exercise plus being somewhat 'chesty' still, I was definitely not up the the standard of a fortnight ago but that will come back again.

That garage is amazing.  It's a two storey brick building and the upper floor is going to be a studio flat for her adult son until he can afford his own place.  At the moment it's an empty page so he can do it up as he would like (within reason, of course) and it will look lovely.
Lindsey reckons that the room that will be the gym studio should be ready for use by April 12th so one more garage session and then it's inside.  It needs redecorating and so on first.

After that, Val came round and we both sat out in the garden, knitting needles clacking as fast as our tongues as we caught up with the last fortnight's happenings.  It wasn't as nice as Tuesday in the there was no sunshine but it was still good and warm - warmer outside than in the house, in fact.

Today, the diary is empty until the Slimming World zoom meeting early evening.  Time to catch up on household tasks, make sure I have everything for the weekend and get that mowing done.  I'm also going to a garden centre to see if I can find some fleece to cover the plum tree and the strawberries although, if not, I have some tablecloths I could use.  They're old but not so shabby that I wouldn't put them on the table, so fleece would be better really.  Beth's going to help me lay it over on Saturday.

That's about it for today.  Enough to keep me happily and usefully occupied without feeling stressed.  Perfect.
Have a great day yourself.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Happy April glad things are going according to plan we too have been forecast snow for Easter. The usual crazy English weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Snow!! And, certainly, frost. Flippin' weather.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I know .. April already, where is this year going!! I was thrilled to see sunshine again when I woke up, but the breeze is icy cold today and I can quite imagine snow if it stays the same and the clouds build up. Oh well at least we can enjoy sunshine it does lift the spirits doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been quite pleasant here this afternoon. Sunny, but definitely cooler. Sunshine has a positive effect, definitely, whatever the temperature.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Despite the mundane lockdown life, this year has gone so quickly. I can't believe it's April already. It's a lot chillier today ... how easily we get used to the sunshine! We have snow forecast for the weekend as well but am hoping they've got it wrong (again!) as we don't often get the white stuff even when the rest of the country does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the frost that would do the damage to the blossom and the plum is certainly in blossom now. The fleece I ordered had better arrive tomorrow as promised. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. You are right Joy how did we get to April so quickly! One minute I was moaning it would never come then here it is! I am worried that the promised bad weather is going to ruin some things in the garden. I'm really hoping it's not as bad as they say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. They're not usually right but what's the betting on this occasion, when it really matters, they will be.
      Fingers crossed, eh?
      xx

      Delete
  5. Love your new header photo - is that the plum tree blossoms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. It was lovely yesterday and should be absolutely gorgeous in a few days' time. Radiant.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Such a pretty April banner! Here April started really cold. I think spring decided to take a break and sleep in. It's been freezing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's March/April for you. Very unpredictable.
      xx

      Delete