Thursday 22 April 2021

Thursday

 Good morning!  It's a much better start to the day this morning.  A very slight frost (I've given up worrying about the plants though) and some lovely sunshine.  Yesterday was pretty dull and pretty chilly too.

I rather enjoyed my time at the gym.  I must have spent about forty minutes there and it was good.  I've broken the ice so now I must work on developing a pattern, both of visits and programme.  I don't want it to be too predictable but one has to book and it tends to be the same slots that are available at the moment and, as for any programme, it really depends how many people are there what machines are free.

It was so chilly that, by mutual agreement, Val and I moved our chat to online.  Cressing Temple won't go away and there will be much warmer days ahead of us.  We had a jolly good chat too, over knitting and a coffee, most enjoyable.

I got some of the housework done but there's always more, isn't there.  Never ending!

Thank you all for your kind and supportive comments about easing of and working towards a slower (or at least a more gentle) pace of life with an emphasis on quality being as well as doing.  Old habits die hard and I feel a bit guilty or selfish but I'm putting those feelings just where they belong - on the compost heap to rot down and become more nourishing.

Today looks busier than it is.  There's the housework, of course, always housework.  I'm hoping to have a chat with Chris but I'm not sure if it will be online or in my garden; it depends how much it warms up.
Then I have a swim booked at twelve so if I turn up at about eleven thirty I can do some exercising on the slightly less scary machines first.  Nice.  I asked and the classes don't start until the middle of May when we hit the next roadmap milestone (hopefully).  I'm not sure if I will do aquacise again, I think I prefer doing my own thing really, but I'll consider it.
And then, finally. it is Zoom Slimming World at five thirty.

So, a nice, normal, reasonably productive day.  How about you?  xx

6 comments:

  1. It looks like being a lovely warm day today. Make the most of it with a nice book and your feet up in the garden.. Don't forget the sunscreen :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much nicer than yesterday, isn't it? Really lovely this afternoon.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Old habits do die hard and it's something I occasionally struggle with since retiring so I do understand how you feel.

    I found myself back at the garden centre today and bought a load of cosmos plants 😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel like I should be doing something. But yesterday I sat an knit for most of the day. Well that was after a quick dust the living room stint.

    I felt decadent, but it was lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! Worth working on, I reckon; I know I do. :-)
      xx

      Delete