Thursday 9 August 2018

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.  I've had a cool and comfortable night's sleep and woken up to cloud and drizzle as I snuggled under the duvet.  It feels so good to be able to do that again.  Yesterday was a glorious day here.  Sunny, warm and with a fresh breeze that kept it all comfortable.  Such a change.

Yesterday, tuition was great and then I decided I would go swimming.  I really must up my exercise after letting it lapse recently and I knew I wouldn't be able to go today.  It was lovely although I came back a bit achey, showing how out of practise I have become.  Doesn't take long to lose it, does it?

By the time I got home it was mid afternoon so I dealt with washing on the line and then sorted out dinner before chilling in front of TV.  All very pleasant.

Today, Alex and I have planned to spend some time at Hyde Hall.  It'll be rather dry and brown underfoot, unlike the usual lush grass but we will have a good walk round, enjoying lunch at some point.  Once home again, I really ought to do some ironing so that's the day planned out.  Of course, if it starts raining hard, we might change our plans and the forecast has changed from 'gentle showers' to 'heavy rain at times' but I'll see how Alex feels.  What are umbrellas for, after all!

What's it like your way?

6 comments:

  1. It's going to be sunny and warm here today but it must have been cooler last night as the central heating (triggered by the thermostat) came on at 6am this morning!!! Only for about a minute, however.
    Have a lovely day. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness!!! It really must have been chilly. How weird is that!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had rain, Joy, at long last. But only a sharp shower and now sunshine again.
    We planned to go to Saltram (NT) today, but our journey was aborted yet again. Last time - a couple of weeks or so ago - we had a problem with the car en route to Saltram and had to come home, and again today! Are we not meant to visit Saltram, I wonder? The car is going to the garage tomorrow to have the problem checked out and repaired if necessary.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  4. How frustrating for you, not to mention potentially expensive. I hope it isn't anything too serious or difficult to repair.
    It's been raining all day here, quite hard too. No Hyde Hall for us!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS Friday: It's just 5.28 and I've been up for half an hour, Joy, so beaten you to it this morning, ha ha! And the rain lasted for only a few minutes, and it's dry as a bone out there again! WE need some proper rain!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol - indeed you have. Lovely and sunny here and very fresh and cool.
    Hope you get some rain soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete