Sunday 12 August 2018

Sunday

Good morning, everyone.  We've had a lot more rain overnight (three cheers) and more showers are predicted for today and tomorrow.  Nature certainly is catching up and the ground should be well soaked again soon, right down deep.  No allotment today although as soon as the ground dries the grass will need a good mowing and the edges a good strimming!

I popped down there yesterday and picked some tomatoes and a courgette for Beth.  There are now some runner beans nearly ready to pick and now the weather has moderated, the beans should stop shedding flowers and produce some fruit instead.  Hope so, anyway.  And I noticed that the baby corn is starting to produce - er - baby corn!  :-)  Three cheers!

Today I'm hoping to go swimming when the gym opens at eight, after which I intend plan next week (very roughly and subject to change) and to get a great load of Beth and Al's washing done and my own ironing finished.  I hope there's something OK on telly.

Just an ordinary day.

4 comments:

  1. Rain here, too, Joy. Lots of it, but very much needed. My exercise today will be more housework - I did quite a bit yesterday but more needs to be done. There is very little on TV unless you wish to see the European Games or repeats of past programmes!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was afraid that was the situation. Time to open my Poirot box set, perhaps!

    Hope the housework goes well

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It started raining when I left! I think Mum will be glad (in a way). She was getting disgusted how dry everything was. It is certainly greener here in Michigan than it was in England - usually it's the other way round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been unusually dry but everything is recovering quickly now we've had some decent rain.

    xx

    ReplyDelete