Friday 24 August 2018

Friday

Good morning, everyone.  It is a gloriously sunny morning but, my word, it is quite chilly with a breeze that makes it feel colder than it really is.  No complaints though, it's a really lovely day.

Sadly, Al and I didn't get anywhere near Hylands - as the time approached, the heavens opened.  Al got a bit wet cycling over but now has a protective jacket so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  We had a good chat and lunched (good old beans on toast!), fixed a new date and then he went home.  We'll get there at some point.

We also fixed a date for a lunch out just before he goes back to uni.  Harvester rather than Hare at Al's request.  I guess it is much more his sort of food!

I got to Slimming World and have joined.  I have to get my head round a few things but it is all very similar to what I am already doing so shouldn't be too difficult once I get used to it.  I hope the structure will keep me on track.
When I got home, I settled in front of the PC with the books, etc, and devised a planning sheet (the one they provide won't work for me or anyone else who cooks just about everything from scratch) and then started filling it in.  Ten minutes later, I looked at the time and it was ten past one!!!  I can't remember the last time I was awake so late.  Given that I woke just after six as usual, I will feel it later on today.
It was worth it though because the whole week is now done and dusted and It's all as organised as it can possibly be, thank goodness.
It's better work!

Today I plan to have a good swim but apart from that the day's my own.  I have the usual housework to get done and (of course) I bought a book at SW last night so will take some time to read through - and most likely fall asleep over too.  I'll also take a walk to Morrisons to get just a few things - it's not far at all but I usually take the car so I have to change that habit, don't I?

Oh, nearly forgot - I have to make up Alex's bed.

Better get going then or nothing will get done.  Have a great day.


6 comments:

  1. Good morning Joy - sorry you missed the visit yesterday because of the weather - seems we are back to the more typical British summer which makes it difficult to plan anything outdoors.
    I did the same as you the other night on the computer until after 1am - you can get lost in time using them.
    Good to hear that Slimming World was useful even if you had to replan their plan!
    Have a good day - I am just plannng mine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to regularly get 'lost' on the PC but, thankfully, not so much since I retired. It will all get easier; last night I had to keep checking back to the book and looking things up online - a lot of that will sink in soon and I will just know it.
    Really, their planning sheet is ridiculously small. No room for anything, even if you have tiny writing - which I don't!
    Happy planning and have a great day too. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to hearing how you get on with SW, and all the lovely meals you'll be making. I think perhaps some of these slimming clubs rely too heavily on bought ready meals.

    It's all too easy to while away lots of time on the computer!

    As Alex still has a few weeks at home left, hopefully you'll have more opportunities to go out together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always amazed that he is happy to be with his old Nan! It is really lovely.

    I agree with you about ready meals but when you look at the contents of shopping trolleys, it's just what an awful lot of people do nowadays. I suppose not everyone enjoys cooking and a lot of people don't have a lot of spare time or energy. It is the easiest way to get a quick meal on the table. Certainly there were a few strong plugs for the Iceland SW meals last night but what did surprise me is that the recipe is on the back of the pack so if you like it you could make it yourself. I think that's a good idea.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just want to add here, the SW male from Iceland are a godsend a some are revolting but most are beautiful and have real ingred Bets and are generous, I always have a vegetable byriani in and the vege quarter pounders are good with salad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find SW works really well fro those of us keen on cooking from scratch! Their recipe books are great -- I really like the curries and stir fries, and risotto made without masses of butter and cheese turns out to be delicious. Once you've tried a few of their recipes, you have plenty of ideas for adapting your own favourites to be SW-friendly too. Not living in the UK I've never had one of their ready meals, but they are a recent innovation.

    ReplyDelete