Monday 27 August 2018

Monday

Good morning.  After yesterday's dullness and rain, this morning is much brighter and the sun might even come out, fingers crossed.  Yesterday was dire for humans but great for ducks and allotments!

First of all, Margaret, I had 'problems' (not really a problem but I can't think of the right word) leaving a comment on your blog.  When I started the comment it showed it was being made by Alison Prewett so I needed to change it to my name, email and blog.  I'm not sure why.  Sorry.

After a bit of an internal struggle yesterday, I pootled off the the gym for an early swim.  Yes, the Gossip Gang (they are really nice, it's just what I call them) was there but not in great numbers so there was plenty of room for all.  A lovely swim and after the GG got out, an almost empty pool.  I'm glad I went.

When I got home, I mowed my front patch that had gone from desert to jungle.  It always amazes me how grass can pick up do quickly after a drought.  Then I tempted fate by hanging out some washing and half an hour later had to rush out and bring it in again!  Oh, well, worth a try.

I spent the rest of the day in idle sloth, watching telly, making bread, cooking meals, etc, and very nice it was too.  I even managed to tidy the kitchen afterwards.

I'm not going swimming today.  It's bank holiday and is likely to be crowded.  I will get my exercise from a brisk walk around Sainsbury's getting some stuff that Morrisons doesn't do.  After lunch I'm off to Beth's as I have promised her I will help her with some decorating.  This bank holiday never has meant all that much as it's in the school summer holidays so it's easy to forget and today feels like Sunday as Beth is home.

So that's today.  It should be pleasant and I hope your day is just as good.


5 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your day. It's fine but dull here following yesterday's rain. The garden is looking a bit like a jungle, so I'm glad I managed to at least get the grass cut before we went away.
    I'd forgotten about it being a bank holiday, but as you say, it doesn't really make a difference during the Summer break. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgot! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I join your gang please? I completely forgot about the bank holiday as well. It rained all day yesterday and today is looking a bit dreary so I won't be venturing too far. Maybe a bit of a potter in the garden if it stays dry, or a lazy day indoors if it rains. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there's nothing in one's life to remind one, bank holidays really have no significance really. Such a sad situation (not)!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been fairly quiet this Bank Holiday - I was expecting it to be busier. My garden needs some attention but will have to wait now until after our builders have gone.

    ReplyDelete