Monday 13 August 2018

Monday

Good morning, everyone.  We've had more rain overnight and it's dull right now.  Maybe it will brighten up later.

Not a lot happened yesterday really.  I went swimming when the gym opened at eight and that was good even though the 'gossip gang' were out in force, slowly walking (or swimming) up and down, nattering to each other and blocking the lanes.  Never mind, they seem pleasant ladies and obviously enjoy their time together.  To avoid them in the spa (lack of room, not them as such), I did an extra 15 mins of swimming so that was good for me!

Once home I did washing, drying (one load managed to dry outside) and ironing although there's more to do and it was a drizzly day, on and off.

This morning is a sad time.  As I've mentioned before, I'm part of a little group of friends who meet now and again for a meal at the Hare.  One of the friends, who only came very occasionally, died a short while ago and it is her funeral this morning.  We're all going along to remember her and pay our respects.

After that I might get the bus into town and look around the Cathedral; it's not a hard and fast date, just a maybe.  I'll see how I feel.  It's all a bit sad at the moment, not just for this friend but also other things that are going on too but, as I always say, it's not my story to tell so I won't say any more.

I hope you have a happy day and that the sun shines.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry it's a sad day for you and hope that the “other” things can be sorted out.
    Friends are so special because, unlike relations, we choose them for ourselves.
    Take comfort from your other friends and remind each other of the happy times you all
    had together.
    Trite words I know but true.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the day goes as well as a funeral can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry things are not going too well for you. There seems to be quite a bit of sadness around at the moment, it is helpful that you can share it with your friends though, hope all goes well today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to read of your friend and also that you're having a tough time of it just now. Sending love and strength. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear you are having a sad time, Joy. Life is like that, isn't it? Not only has your friend died, but other things which are upsetting you are happening, too, and it can all seem a little overwhelming.
    I am up with the lark this morning, 5.20 am when I woke, so here I am with my cup of tea, thinking (My goodness, I'm writing this morning even before Joy!" It's Friday morning here, I didn't get to read your post yesterday. Well done on the swimming even if the lanes had a log jam with swimmers chatting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, everyone for your lovely comments.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete