Friday 17 August 2018

Friday

Good morning, everyone.  Thank you for your kind comments yesterday.  Dad seemed to be recovering a bit through the day and by the evening felt brave enough to try a bit of mash and a plain biscuit (not together).  I also made him up some re-hydration fluid which he had through the day.  It all stayed put during the evening and I'm hoping that he has had a better night.

The weather was shocking yesterday.  Quite torrential rain all through the morning and it wasn't until evening that we had any sun.  There's no way Jackie and I would have wanted to go out anyway; wandering round old churches would have been miserable as half the interest is outside in the building and the graveyard.  Little Maplestead and Castle Headingham will still be there when we re-schedule.

I did a bit of shopping and had to borrow Mum's jacket as I'd not brought mine in the rush to pack and get up here on Wednesday.  Mum's jacket!!!  A year ago it would have been Dad's jacket and that would have been too tight.

Today is more of the same.  Looking after Mum and giving Dad a break.  There will be some washing as the care assistant changes the sheets on Friday and some meal making but apart from that I will have chill out time.  The sun is shining and it's all very cheering.  Should be good. 

6 comments:

  1. Glorious sunshine here, had to go into town yesterday afternoon, it was bucketing down. I parked the car underneath the shopping mall and posted a parcel and as soon as I stepped into the open it stopped!! Saw me coming!

    Glad to hear your Dad is recovering well, hopefully it's a one off and hasn't found other victims in the vicinity too.

    Best wishes for a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog and find it interesting. I, too, am a retired teacher and have just begun a blog of my own, You are so good to your folks. Refreshing to see. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your father is on the mend and things aren't to hectic x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness it isn't anything too serious and your Dad is well again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your Dad is doing a bit better. Hopefully he'll feel back to normal in no time. It is really nice that you can help out! Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete