Friday 3 October 2014

Friday

Well, still at home.

Yesterday morning I had a phone class from school, just checking how I was and whether she could do anything.  Trying to talk set off the coughing and I was very sternly ordered to not even think of coming back to school until Monday and that supply was being arranged so there (or words to that effect).

It was a huge relief, talking off the pressure of having to decide before the end of the day whether I'd be OK.  To be fair, one doesn't * have * to decide by the end of the day, but it does make getting a supply easier if one can.

Anyway, the decision was taken out of my hands and , oh, the relief.

I can't remember the last time I had four days off.  Well, actually, yes, I can.  It was when I had flu and it was decades ago.  I don't have flu but I do have something rather persistent and part of me is glad I'm not spreading it around as it's most unpleasant.

Hoping to feel better today.


3 comments:

  1. Do look after yourself and get plenty of rest and plenty to drink. If you have the energy feed yourself well you need the nutrients to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Diane. I've been drinking a lot of water today and hope I won't have a disturbed night as a result. I suspect not!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very sorry to see that you are not well: it must be bad for you to take time off, but glad that you can now relax a bit in the knowledge that things are being taken care of. I hope there is plenty of food in the freezer for when you feel like eating. Good luck and I hope you feel much better very soon.

    ReplyDelete