Thursday 12 July 2012

Thursday evening

I was pondering today.  I have made lots of lovely pots of strawberry jam but, somehow, one little pot doesn't look much of a gift to lovely mums who have helped out a lot all year.  After all - I get paid: they just do it for love and commitment.
So I thought 'lemon curd'.  Everyone likes lemon curd and the home made version is beyond delicious.  But it would take ages to make so much and it does have to be eaten pretty pronto!

And than the brainwave landed.  I don't get one all that often so let's make the most of it.  I remembered that lurking in my freezer were several bags of blackberries.  OK, picked last year but the jam would be fresh.  So as soon as I got home I pulled out the bags and the contents of those bags are now warming gently in my big pan to soften and release the liquid.
So I will have a choice of two from from strawberry jam, lemon curd and blackberry jam, all freshly home made.  Anyone who doesn't appreciate that doesn't deserve a gift at all!  :0)
And in about seven weeks' time I will have more blackberries to freeze!

And finally, Bugsy Malone was brilliant again this morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment