Monday 30 July 2012

Monday morning

After a good old whinge to DD about the cottage cheese that wasn't, she went home and found that mascarpone is dead easy to make at home.  I dug out a few links and a you tube clip and yes, it looks a doddle (is this famous last words) so it's something DG can make when we go on holiday!

Apart from that, yesterday was as ordinary as usual.  I went shopping in the morning and bought the stuff I need for Tuesday's meal plus other stuff, then came home and cooked jacket potatoes for lunch with DD and DG.  We all love jacket potatoes and thing there's nothing better as a topping that butter and good flavoured grated cheddar.  We watched a bit of Homes Under the Hammer (love that programme) and chatted about all sorts of stuff.

That was it really.  Gentle and ordinary!

Today I have to book the car in for a service and MOT.  HAVE to.  I meant to do it last week and totally forgot.  So the rest of the day depends on whether they can take the car straight away or whether I have to take it back another day.  I feel quite cross with myself for forgetting last week!  I also have to pick up a parcel which has to be the perfume I ordered as I'm not expecting anything else, so I'd better do that first, in case they can take the car straight away.

Better get ready then.  An early start would seem to be the best bet for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment