Sunday 29 July 2012

Sunday

I'm losing count of the days: I've just had to check that today is Sunday before remember that George was round yesterday so that must have been Saturday!  George has now left school and is studying car mechanics at a local college - or he will be come September.  He answered my tentative query as to whether he would want to continue here with a resounding yes, so that's good.  And give him a few years and I may also have a mechanic to help me out with minor car problems, you never know!

I enlivened the ironing yesterday by watching the Olympic opening ceremony which I enjoyed more or less from beginning to end.  The children's singing brought tears to my eyes, there were a lot of nostalgic chuckles and some of the dancing was wonderful.  As for the staging - wow!  A good start!  The most boring bit was when all the athletes walked in - it always is - but the lighting of the couldren was truly an inspiration from the hand over of the torch to the teenagers all the way through to the firework display as the cauldon was formed and blazed into the night sky.  Truly a creative way of doing it.
And it all made light of the ironing!

Today the sun shines.  iGoogle suggests that we are going to have storms today.  If they're as accurate as they were about this on Friday, it should be a glorious day.  The temperatures are predicted to be just at a comfortable level, thank goodness.  We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment