Sunday 29 July 2012

Menu planning

I'm hoping to have some friends around on Tuesday evening so needed inspiration for what to cook.  I fancied something with chicken, olives and chorizo, so Googled these three ingredients and up popped a load of ideas, including a Delia recipe called Chicken Basque which appears to be a one pot (always a good idea) and, while the instructions and list of ingredients look long, basically it eems to be pretty straightforward.  It is a compete meal so I need to do nothing else, although I might knock together some garlic bread or perhaps a simple side salad to accompany it.

For dessert, I remembered a really super and easy cheesecake recipe that I found on a recipe card in Sainsbury's when the children were young.  I couldn't find the card anywhere (which is hardly surprising, seeing how long ago it was when I last made it) so I Googled for mascarpone lime and cheesecake and up it came.  A real blast from the past.

How would we manage without Google?

No comments:

Post a Comment