Monday 23 July 2012

Monday morning

The first proper day of the holidays and it looks as if it is going to be warm and sunny.  Excellent!

Yesterday I found I was getting muddled with the commitments I already have this holiday so I sat down to produce a diary, all on one page of A4, which should make things easier to manage and keep organised.  The rest of July already has something on nearly every day but August is looking pleasingly blank right now.  It looks good.

Yesterday was nice.  Warm and sunny all day but not unpleasantly hot.  I made the soda bread, as I said earlier (very successful) and I made pizzas for lunch for DD and DG although I'm afraid I cheated and used bought bases.  They proved very popular though and by the time they had both finished there was not a scrap left for DG to take home.
I also made a sponge cake and that was delicious although we didn't eat all of that, of course.  DD was going to take some home but she forgot so I will slice what's left and freeze in individual portions.  That should see me out for a few weeks.

She forgot because she had a bit of an OU crisis, sort of.  A TMA was due in and she had lost her log in details, etc.  Fortunately, I know my way around bits of the OU site and I also have some work she did when DG was a baby on my computer within which she wrote her student number.  With that and other info, she was able to get in to change her password, so she rushed home to get the assignment submitted successfully before the deadline.

Today I am off into town this morning.  Lakeland beckons and I have vouchers burning a hole in my bag!  Then I might head off to Lathcoats, depending on how I feel.  Finally, this afternoon, I am popping over to Baddow to look at a camera which I might buy.  Buying second hand is always a bit risky but I know the people concerned and I know that I can access the manual online, if it's missing. 
The main chore today is my bedroom which has become a disaster area again.  If I do just one room a day the house will be fine by the end of the week.  In theory, that is . . .

So all in all quite a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment