Tuesday 21 January 2020

Tuesday

Morning, everyone.  There's another hard frost outside and it's jolly cold so fingers crossed for another lovely and sunny winter's day today, just like yesterday.  It's so lovely to get some settled weather again.

Yesterday was a good day.  I got my indoors walk done plus some of Lindsey's workout as well so that started the day off well.  At knitter knatter club, one of the girls had got her huge ball of yarn into a right tangle so I spent the time unravelling it for her, something I always find strangely satisfying and very relaxing.  You have to be patient and take is slowly and gently as any hasty tugs will result in a tighter tangle.  I remember when I was little, Mum used to buy her yarn in hanks which I had to help her roll into balls.  I enjoyed the actual winding but found holding the hank between my two little hands made my arms ache.  Anyone remember doing this too?

After that and doing my bit in Foundation Stage, I popped over to Morrisons as I'd forgotten to get peppers in Aldi and can't manage without peppers!

Then it was tuition which went well.

So, as you see, a good day!

Today is a thing sandwich.  The bread and butter is SW group first thing and tuition late afternoon and the filling will probably be a walk in Roxwell.  It won't be as long as the Writtle walk because Roxwell is a smaller village and it's a road through village rather than set inside a surrounding road/roads.

I actually know Roxwell - I lived there for two years between London and moving where I am now and that's where my marriage finally cracked and broke so, in a way, not all happy memories, but it broke my heart (again) to leave as I'd always wanted to live in a village.   It's pleasant enough with a pretty church (hope it is open) and enough parking outside the village hall.  I just need to check that I can actually go a certain way - it might be a public footpath but it goes right through a farm so I need to be sure.

I borrowed this view from Google Maps (thanks, Google)


There is a set four mile walk online that looks really nice but it will be terribly muddy at the moment so I will save it for later on in the year when things have dried out properly.  Today I can start off on that walk and cut it shorter by turning right instead of left at one point.  Or do an even shorter walk and spend some time in the church/graveyard where my ex is buried.  I haven't visited there for ages now so it's about time I did really.


It looks like being an interesting day, doesn't it?  I hope yours is good too.  xx


16 comments:

  1. Oh yes I remember my arms aching while holding hanks of yarn for my Nanny. Then later I learned to roll balls so that they were more egg shaped than round which my Mum taught me. I hope your walk doesn't rake up too many sad memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it will. I tend to feel more wistful than sad, if you know what I mean. There's an element of 'what might have been' but I have such a full and happy life now that I can't be sad for long.
      (I hope that doesn't sound callous)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Think my mum put the hank over a chair back - although I don't think she did much knitting.
    Very frosty here - have a good walk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that if Mum wasn't around and vice versa. It wasn't as easy but got the job done!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, achy arms and it went on forever! And folding sheets too and getting told off for yanking them out of her hands, accidentally though of course

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I remember. Of course, it was accidental!!!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Did you grow up where you live now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I grew up in Derbyshire so quite different.
      xx

      Delete
  5. This post brings back memories! Yes, I remember the wool winding though aching arms weren't too much if a problem - when you have a twin, you just share the task. Folding sheets is another thing remembered as is sorting through all the socks to pair them up and fold together properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still do that with socks and they don't go away in the drawer until they are paired up and folded together. The same with knee highs too.
      I wonder why my brothers never got asked to help wind the yarn - actually, no, I don't wonder at all, not at that time.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I hope you enjoyed your day, Joy. Bittersweet memories. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit but it was a lovely walk on a gorgeous day. I will do it again in the spring or summer.
      xx

      Delete
  7. As Jules says bittersweet memories no doubt. I spent a lot of my childhood in small villages - the one we are in now is more of a small town but not the advantage of good shops.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were but I do have a great life now. No complaints really.
      A shame about the shops!
      xx

      Delete
  8. Greetings from Texas. i want to give thanks to dr Azaka for bringing back my ex husband with his love spell, No one could have ever made me believe that the letter I’m about to write would actually one day be written. I was the world’s biggest skeptic. I never believed in magic spells or anything like this, but I was told by a reliable source (a very close co-worker) that Trust is a very dedicated, gifted, and talented person,It was one of the best things I have ever done. My love life was in shambles; I had been through two divorces and was on the brink of a third. I just couldn't face another divorce, and I wanted to try harder to make our relationship work, but my husband didn’t seem to care. and he brake up with me again.I was confuse and do not no what to do again,rather them to get in contact with Dr Azaka He did a love spell that make my husband come back to me. we are now very much happy with our self Dr Azaka make him to realize how much we love and need each other.This man is for REAL and for good. he can also help you to fix your broken relationship. I had my husband back! It was like a miracle! He suddenly wanted to go to marriage counseling, and we’re doing very, very well, in our love life. Contact Dr Azaka on whatsapp +2349059389105 Or Email azakaspelltemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. HELLO EVERYONE ACCROSS THE GLOBE:


    CALL THIS MOBILE NUMBER: +2349056393547 AND GET YOUR PROBLEM SOLVE TODAY WITH MY PROFESSION IN ANY SPIRITUAL SPELL, MY NAME IS DR afrid , AND THIS IS CALL NUMBER: +2349056393547 ( EMAIL: drafridherbalhome11@gmail.com.com OR drafridherbalhome11@gmail.com OR drafridherbalhome11@gmail.com ),I LIVE IN AFRICA , AM ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO RENDER YOU HELP. WITH EXPERIENCE OF 45 YEARS IN SPELL CASTING AND HERBAL MEDICINE TO CURE ANY KIND OF DISEASE THAT YOU MAY HAVE, CONTACT ME ON ANY KIND OF ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE THAT IS BOTHERING YOU I CAN HELP YOU SOLVE PROBLEMS AS LISTED BELOW:


    (1) If you want your Divorced Husband/Wife back.
    (2) If you want your Ex Boyfriend/Girlfriend back.
    (3) If you always have Bad Dreams and you don't know the interpretations.
    (4) You want to be Promoted in your Office.
    (5) You want Women/Men to run after you.
    (6) If you want Children of your choice.
    (7) You want to be Rich Forever.
    (8) You want to tie your Husband/Wife to be yours forever.
    (9) Or you have been scammed and you want to Recover your Lost Money.
    (10) If you are in Love with Someone and you want Him/Her to fall in Love with you Totally.
    (12) If you want a Tame my Lover Spell.
    (13) If you want a Make Me Sexy Spell.
    (14) If you want a STOP His Roving Eyes Spell.
    (15) If you want a Rejuvenated Love Spell.
    (16) If you want a Be Faithful To Me Spell.
    (17) If you want to prevent or keep others from talking about my man.
    (18) Remove Bad Spells from Homes, Business & Customer Attraction etc.
    (19) Stop your Marriage or Relationship from Breaking Apart.
    (20) Read all your problems before you even mention them to me.
    (21) Remove the Back Spot that keeps on taking your Money Away.
    (22) Find out why you are not progressing in Life and the Solution.
    (23) Eliminate in family fights.
    (24) Ensure Excellent School Grades even for Children with Mental Disabilities.
    (25) Get promotion you have Desired for a Long Time at Work or in your Career.
    (26) Heal Barrenness in Women and Disturbing Menstruation.
    (27) Get you marriage to the Lover of your Choice.
    (28) Guarantee you Win the Troubling Court Cases.
    (39) Get the Spell to Win a Lottery.
    (30) Diabetes Cure and Remedy.
    (31) Herpes Cure and Remedy.
    (32) Hepatitis A, B, C Cure and Remedy.
    (33) Cancer cure Cure and Remedy.
    (34) HIV/ AID Cure and Remedy.
    (35) Syphilis Cure and Remedy e.t.c....YOU CAN CONTACT ME WITH MY DETAILS BELOW, I WILL BE GLAD TO RENDER YOU MY HELP IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM WHICH YOU NEED TO SETTLE URGENTLY...

    WELCOME TO DR OSCAR DILAN HEALING HOME / SOLUTION CENTER
    THIS IS MY EMAIL ADDRESS ONCE AGAIN ( drafridherbalhome11@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete