Saturday 11 January 2020

Saturday

Good morning!  It was another lovely, sunny day most of the time yesterday, although quite windy so it felt colder than it really was.

Despite nothing in the diary, I managed to fill the time, one way and another.  I did some cooking, some housework (mainly tidying because it was Friday - cleaner day) and went to Morrisons to get some needed bits and bobs for next week's food plans, coming back with slightly more than I had on my list (grapes are a treat, right?).

Beth came round briefly to help me get the Christmas things into the garage.  The new tree is a lot heavier than the old one and I didn't want to drag the (new) bag along the ground for obvious reasons.  Now that's done, the living room looks nice and tidy again; as tidy as it ever looks, anyway.

Today, there's a few things on the agenda.
I'm taking the bus into town first thing.  That's a bit of an 'adventure' because the routes have changed and I'm a bit fed up that the previous quick route (the 56) is now going all round the houses, like the 54 does.  I also gather that the prices have gone up although that's not going to bother me, of course.
Today I will discover what those changes are and I must remember to check the new times too.

Once in town, I will wander around for a while but I have a list as well.  I'm going to the spice stall to see if he's got any more of the Festive Turkey Leftovers Curry Spice Mix which was really very, very nice with chicken or turkey, cooked leftovers or from raw.  There's a couple of other mixes I want to get as well, while I'm at it.

Then it's on the the fish stall as I'm out of salmon and we can't have that, can we!  :-)

M&S is also on the list.  I need a sports bra, something more supportive.  I'm sure I don't have to go into why!!!  While I'm there, I will get some more of their lavender perfume which I'm nearly out of and which I love.
My other favourite perfumes are Joy (very appropriate) and Chanel no 5 but they're both very expensive and, when I get some, I tend to go online.

Lavender Eau de Toilette 100ml
Once I get home, I have ironing, a bit more washing and some clearing after which I will go for a walk (weather permitting) before settling with a book and my knitting.

I will NOT buy any clothes (apart from the bra).

What are your plans for this weekend?
xx


6 comments:

  1. Lol! I also need a supportive sports bra ;-)

    M&S perfumes are really good value. I like their Autograph Radiance.

    I suspect my weekend will spent mostly at home as we have a weather warning here. It's still pitch black but the wind and rain are horrendous. I don't need anything so we'll see how the day unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's not too bad for you.Wind, in particular, can be scary. Take care.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a lovely day planned, Joy! It's rainy and windy here with more expected today and really heavy rains expected tonight. I have a music lesson later this morning and then my husband has quintet practice at our house later this afternoon. So, it will be a musical day here! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A musical day sounds great!
      No rain here but it feels colder than it really is in the wind. Hope you stay safe.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Staying home too as we are in the middle of winter storm Isiah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That doesn't sound great. I hope yopu don;t have any problems - take care.
      xx

      Delete