Sunday 10 June 2018

Sunday

Good morning, everyone.  It's a dull start but it's dry so my fingers are crossed for nice weather.  Here's hoping anyway!

Yesterday morning was a bit hectic.  I overslept.  I never oversleep so why yesterday???  It wasn't a disaster, it just meant that I had to bustle around a bit, that's all.  It was a good journey over with very little traffic and only one hold up behind a group of cyclists where I had to wait until we got to where I knew there was a safe passing place.

And when I arrived, I realised I'd forgotten something.  Fortunately, it wasn't something I had to bring, it was setting off the dishwasher!  Equally fortunately, Beth will (probably already has by now) go over and set it off for me when she waters my indoor plants.  You know how you always have this uneasy feeling that you've forgotten something?  Ooops.

I had a chat to my dad about the self seeded 'Sungolds' and he said because of the type of seeds they are (F1 or something, which means racing cars to me!), they won't grow true to type so it will be interesting to see what, if anything, I do get from them.  I don't mind providing they are sweet and delicious!

I've just looked up F1 and this is what I found.

"F1 hybrid seeds refers to the selective breeding of a plant by cross pollinating two different parent plants. In genetics, the term is an abbreviation for Filial 1 – literally “first children.” It is sometimes written as F1, but the terms mean the same."
So now I know!

I've brought way too many clothes with me.  I can see that now I have unpacked.  Fortunately, I can leave anything I don't want to take here with Mum and Dad so the case won't be too heavy and it IS nice not to have to worry about needing to wash anything (except for swimming cossies) while I'm away.

I've looked up the route and even I am not worried.  It's an absolute doddle, the only question being regarding any road repairs/hold ups on the way.  The roads have changed somewhat since we went several times when the children were little but that's not a problem.  It's still very simple.

Today will be an easy day, I hope.  I'm doing a savoury crumble for dinner and, because I don't have to rush off tomorrow, I can leave the selective packing until tomorrow morning which is good.  It won't matter if I oversleep!  Living the easy life is very pleasant from time to time.  I recommend it.


3 comments:

  1. Packing is not one of my strong points I always overdo what I really need. Anyway better too much than too little have a brilliant time and a safe journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my view also. Just a shame I have to carry it myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thanks very much. I am really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete