Wednesday 5 February 2014

Wednesday

It looks a bit wild and woolly out there at the moment and it's been a chilly night.  I like to have the bedroom window a little bit open (fresh air, tilt and turn and all that) and usually it's not an issue in terms of room temperature but when there's a wind you really notice it.  I woke very early and it felt very cold so I popped a cover over the duvet which did the trick nicely.  I then went back to sleep and had a weirdest dream about parents coming to pick up their children because the 'air was returning from within the cliffs' (what cliffs?????), meaning a big freeze was coming and the school was closing.  I was just thinking 'well, nobody told ME!' when I woke up, toasty warm and rather Day-After-Tomorrow-ish!!!
Cold cliffs?????
(borrowed from Google Images)
We finished the interviews yesterday and, for once, found it easy to choose as there were some very strong applicants.  We all felt really good about the choices we made, which bodes well for the future.  There's definitely a technique to interviewing which involves making the applicant feel at ease, making it clear that you are listening to them by little nods, smiles, encouraging noises, etc, not to mention remaining focused and able to remember the replies.   I really enjoy it but it's a lot more tiring than you would think and I was worn out by the time I got home.

Now I am back with my class and I am so looking forward to today.  Literacy, maths, other bits and bobs and photography!  Yay!  Shame about the staff meeting after school but one can't have everything, can one, however much one would like to!

And it is past six o'clock so I must think about bathing and dressing and making sure I am ready on time because there's a fair bit to do today!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great day and lets hope it starts to get a bit dryer before we all develop webbed feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be nice, wouldn't it, but the forecast isn't hopeful!
    J x

    ReplyDelete