Friday 25 November 2011

Friday evening


View from my bedroom window last Saturday evening.

. . . and the weekend has started.  I love my job as much as anyone does but I have to admit that the start of the weekend has a very special feel.  Sort of relaxed and spaced out - and that's before the large glass of chilled dry white. 

Equally pleasant is the ceremonial switching off of the alarm clock when I go to bed.  Now, I cannot remember the last time I slept up to the alarm and certainly switching it off makes little or no difference to my waking time (ridiculously early) but, somehow, the act of switching it off gives me a deep down pleasant feeling.  The fact that it can stay off until Monday evening just adds to the whole thing.

Even better is that planning is done, resources are printed out, all is ready for Tuesday.  I would love to say that a weekend of idleness beckons, but that is far from the truth.  However, it will be in my time, non-pressured and governed by a relaxed agenda - and that feels wonderful.

Long Live Weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment