Wednesday 18 September 2024

Wednesday evening, 18-09-24

Good evening, everyone.

It's been such a lovely day today.  Yes, it started off a bit gloomy but once the sun broke through it has been a perfect autumnal day.   I hope it has been as nice where you are.

Remember I said I bought a couple of winter barrel planters from Home Bargains on Sunday.  I meant to post these on Monday but then didn't do a post so here they are now.  I think they were pretty good value for £5.99 and they seem to be surviving OK.  Once the pansies are over, I still have two nice variegated shrubs and two ivies - not that I'm too much in need of ivy but the shrubs can go in bigger planters and could last for years.



Personal training started again today so this afternoon I set off over to Lindsey's home and Shimmy Studio.  As always, it was great although it was hard work after a fortnight off.  It's so easy to lose just a bit of strength.  She's doing another of her pop-up shops in October and we were chatting about the donations.  There's loads and I'd love to have first dibs - or one of the first anyway.  We will see.

I'm feeling really weary this evening so will be going to bed by nine, I think.  Before then I just need to sort out the kitchen and then I can sit, read, crochet, watch telly - whatever.   Tomorrow, I need to sort out some clothes - Lindsey is accepting donations until the end of September and, while I don't think I have much, there's probably some stuff that can go.  Maybe I'll get that done tomorrow.

All the best, everyone.  Stay safe and warm and have a great day tomorrow.  Night!  xx

4 comments:

  1. REally good deal for 5.99. Wish I could find something like that, not that I have a lot of chance of keeping it alive for long lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really were a good deal, yes. They must have been fresh out because all the other bedding plants, etc, looked in a very sorry state from lack of watering. Sadly, the winter planters will probably soon look as sad.
      I'm guessing it is too cold for that sort of thing your way? xx

      Delete
  2. I do love pansies - such cheerful little faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-those were a great buy and as you say, you can keep hold of bits and pieces plus the tubs. Catriona

    ReplyDelete