Thursday 19 September 2024

Thursday evening, 19-09-24

Evening again, everyone.
It has been quite a low key day today.

The blanket is coming on.
After getting the extra yarn, I had a good think and, because now I had enough, undid what I had done because I decided I really hadn't made it wide enough.  That was a bit of a pain but I'm very glad I did it because it will be loads more useful now.

Doesn't the edging look nice?  I really like it.  It looks very like a knitted rib from a distance.

It's so nice to have something to pick up when I sit down of an evening (or during the day) - I feel less 'guilty'.  😉

It is going to take ages to get it finished but, apart from sewing in the few ends from starting a new ball, it'll be all finished.

Did you know undoing crochet (and knitting, I think) is called 'frogging'.  I didn't until a few weeks ago when I heard someone use the word on a YouTube video.
I looked it up.

"Frogging" is a knit/crochet term for ripping out your knitting and starting over to correct a mistake. Why is it called "frogging" you ask? Because you "rip it, rip it" which reminded someone of "ribit, ribit" - the sound a frog makes. Yep, that's the history behind the term (and we don't know who coined the term).

So now I know.  You're never too old to learn!

OK, so - today.  
It started with an online SET class.  The connection was shocking the sound broken and the picture pixelated and I almost gave up but, while I was out of rhythm and didn't necessarily change movements in time, I did it and I put in lots of effort today (readers of my other blog will know why)
So that was good.

The coffee and chat with Chris didn't happen as she and Steve were asked if they could look after their grandson for a few hours.  Of course - no choice! So I grabbed myself a coffee, picked up my knitting and caught up with a few YouTube channels until breakfast.

I got housework done and now my bedroom is fit to sleep in again.  And that's about it really so I will say good night, pleasant dreams and see you tomorrow.  xx


4 comments:

  1. Frogging is also used for 'mishaps' in cross stitch! It's a pain, it happens and we live to tell the tale. You've had a busy day, so sleep well. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will. Isn't it funny how one sleeps much better in a clean and tidy room than a messy room? I do, anyway! xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's amazing progress on the blanket. I didn't know that about the term
    ' frogging ' - thanks for the info.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blanket-such a gorgeous pattern and calming colour. Catriona

    ReplyDelete