Thursday 12 September 2024

Thursday evening, 12-09-24

Good evening, one and all.  It's been quite a nice day today but mornings and evenings are getting chilly, aren't they.
I'm not turning the heating on yesterday but yesterday evening I re-connected the electric blanket and when I got into bed, it was so lovely and toasty warm.  Bliss.  And then, this morning, I woke early so I put on my oodie as a sort of bed jacket, turned on the blanket again and read in more blissful comfort.  
Definitely the way to go!

I took the car in this morning in hopes that the read window washer split pipe would, at last, be sorted.  I sat there for two and a half hours but, fair's fair, it is now sorted and I was charged a ridiculously small amount.  I was prepared to argue if they had added time onto that because it should have just been part of the annual service for which I had already paid, but it was a lot less than I had been quoted for the part - not that I argued, I just paid a ran (metaphorically). 

Then I popped round to Beth's.  With most unfortunate timing, her knackered boiler/pipework was scheduled to be done today and tomorrow and it wasn't possible to postpone so Alex was in charge and Beth asked me to pop over to help, if needed.  But it wasn't - Alex had it all under control and Beth was fast asleep in her room.
Tomorrow, the plumber will need access to her room but, hopefully, she will have slept well and will be OK in the living room with the cats who are all most disgruntled at the disruption to their cosy entitled lifestyle!

And then it was home and I got all the ironing done and the drying racks away.  That was a relief - I don't like the mess  made by damp washing everywhere.

So it has been a positive enough day.  Beth is feeling a bit better - still rough but not as rough.  Hopefully she will continue to improve.

And now it is time to chill and relax before bedtime.  Sweet dreams, everyone, and have a great day tomorrow.  xx

6 comments:

  1. Pleased to hear that Beth is improving.
    We put our heating on yesterday and this morning we have lit the fire. The sun is streaming through the patio doors but it's only 3 degrees and won't get above 16..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's colder than here. Alexa told me it was 5C. It did warm up a bit in the afternoon but the oodie is back on again now, over a T shirt and a cardigan. xx

      Delete
  2. Its been dull and cold here first thing in the mornings, good to hear Beth is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Beth's feeling a little bit better. And it will be good to have the boiler sorted for when the weather properly turns cold. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really will. It was a nuisance dying but better than in the depths of winter. xx

      Delete