Saturday 14 October 2023

Saturday, 14-10-23

 Good morning, everyone, and welcome to another weekend.  We had such a wide range of weather round here yesterday - rain, sunshine and some very strong gusts of wind but at the moment the sun is starting to shine and it looks lovely outside.

I didn't get to the shops yesterday to check out kitchen cupboards.  There's a bit of time to do that.  I got the next bit of shedding done, changed my bedding, washed the sheets, got all the ironing done and dusted and generally pottered.

I had such a collection of 2024 dates at the back of my current diary, I decided it was time to get next year's one and that arrived yesterday so I spent some time transferring dates across and feeling happy about the nice things coming up.

Not quite so pleasant was getting to grips with my Excel financial monthly thingy.   This has been an expensive month so far but when I looked closely, one largish payment is for all my fitness classes in November and December and a larger one is for my Center Parcs holiday next April.  Add to that a holiday and some meals out, etc, and I suppose it's fair enough.  However, the second half of this month will be far more frugal - has to be.
Thankfully, next month is the one when I get two state pension payments (they come every four weeks) so that should compensate without me needing to move anything from savings and, of course, I won't need to pay anything more for fitness classes until January.  It will all even out over time.

I nearly forgot - after the total pig-out that was my five days and Center Parcs, I was pretty gobsmacked to find, at SW weigh-in that I had maintained.  Not sure how that happened but I'll take it with feelings of thankfulness.

Today, I have one more load of washing to do and, fingers crossed, that can dry outside.  Assuming the weather stays good, I want to move the garden chairs, etc, to the garage - not hard, just a bit of to-ing and fro-ing, I'd like to do a bit more garden clearing, seeing as next week is brown bin collection and it is Strictly day so evening will be a telly-fest!

Nothing terribly exciting today, just an ordinary day but a very nice, satisfying one.  Weekends are good!  xx

6 comments:

  1. It takes ages to pre-date the next year's calendar. I haven't done mine yet - it almost feels like wishing the year away.
    It's changeable here today - bright sunshine alternating with gloom - very odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it. However, the back page info was getting a bit squashed. Done now and I can add stuff as it comes up now.
      The weather was similar here too. Hokey cokey sunshine!
      xx

      Delete
  2. The same here with the weather! High temperatures, yesterday and then today it’s 10 degrees less! The highlight of today, for us, was getting our flu jabs. So just a very ordinary day. Isn’t it good when two pension payments come in one month? Hope that your whole weekend is peaceful. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done for getting those jabs. It might ache a bit afterwards but one does feel a bit 'safer' - well, I do anyway. Flu - real flu - is really nasty.

      Once a year and yes, it's great. The payment that comes a the beginning can count for that month instead of the next month! I love it!! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Chilly here on the Canadian prairies, cloudy as well. Getting ready for winter to arrive here. I need to find a 2024 calendar so I can add dates to it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When does your winter start, roughly, Jackie. Over here, the coldest weather usually comes after Christmas - January and February - but I know from reading your blog that you get some long winters as well as very hot summers.
      xx

      Delete