Wednesday 25 October 2023

Wednesday, 25-10-23

 Hello, everyone.  It's Wednesday and it's raining - again.  Not like yesterday though.  Yesterday morning saw some really heavy rain here but by midday the sun was shining brightly and it was a lovely rest of day.  Something similar is predicted for today - that would be nice.

I felt I got loads done yesterday.  After a remarkably silly waking up time, I decided to get going as soon as I could run to the shed without getting absolutely drenched.  By nine o'clock, the chest freezer was defrosted and chilling down again; it didn't take all that long as the frost build up looked worse than it was and also I didn't feel the usual pressure as a lot of the frozen stuff went into the upright freezer temporarily.  Also, I've kept the contents in pretty good order since the last sort out so I didn't need to do any of that.
I ought to do another audit at some point but I can do that one bag at a time (all the contents are now in bags which has helped enormously).

Then I came in for breakfast after which I moved the contents back, looked at the inside of the upright freezer, decided it wouldn't take long either so got that defrosted and thoroughly cleaned out.  So now everything's ready, pretty much, for a garden room start on Thursday.  The only remaining thing is goodness knows what's lurking behind the freezers - I'll find out soon enough, won't I?

My wardrobe clothes are all cleared and sorted, summer stuff put up high and winter stuff ready to use.  Now I just need to go through the drawers (which really aren't that bad) and it's all done for the season.

I went to Morrisons for a little shop and dropped the bags of clothes off at the Salvation Army clothes deposit thingy - so now I can't change my mind about anything.

I slept well last night, that's for sure!

Today starts with an online coffee and chat with Chris.  It's usually Thursday but I thought it might be more sensible to keep tomorrow clear.  At some point they will be moving the chest freezer into the house temporarily and I need to be there when they do that, and there might be other decisions to make too as they turn my garden into a temporary building site.
And online because Chris has a cold and doesn't want to share it with me.  :-)

And then, at lunch time, I'm off into town to meet Beth and Alex at the Everyman cinema to watch 'Prince of Egypt'.  It's Beth's birthday tomorrow and this is to celebrate.  After that, time permitting, we will pop into John Lewis because I have promised her some Jo Malone something as my gift to her.  That will be fun.  

So another fairly busy day but it should all be lots of fun and I'm looking forward to it no end.
Do you have anything special planned this week?  xx

10 comments:

  1. You did have a busy day yesterday. How exciting to have work starting on your garden room on Thursday. Hope you enjoy the film with Beth and Alex. Happy Birthday to Beth for tomorrow.
    Sunday, our son, daughter in law and their three children came to visit. We do not have room for them all to stay so they stay in which ever 'chain' hotel is offering the best deal, we have quite a few locally. We had our 5 year old granddaughter to stay Sunday night and then all three Monday night as yesterday son and DIL went to Bath Spa and shopping . We visited the local car museum in the morning with the children and went to watch the latest Trolls movie in the afternoon. The day before, our other son, wife and 4 year old daughter came for the day. The little cousins love to see each other, usually their weekends are full of sport, swimming and dancing so don't get together too often. So after 10 pin bowling we came home for lunch and playtime.
    If was very quiet at 6 30 last night after everyone had gone.
    Today our dog goes to doggie day care all day. We are going to the cinema at eleven to watch 'The Old Oak', then come home and chill for a while.
    Thursday my husband has a hospital appointment which involves along bus ride each way. Friday we have our grandfather's little dog for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like a lovely week. Family time is always very special, I think.
      Have a lovely time at the cinema today. xx

      Delete
  2. You've reminded me that my freezer could do with a defrost and audit. I'm looking forward to hearing about your garden room progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I will be taking plenty of photos. You will be really bored by the time I have finished. :-)
      I'm glad that from now on I will only have one freezer to defrost/audit. That feels good. xx

      Delete
  3. It's so nice that you can see your daughter regularly. Happy birthday to her! I hope you enjoy the film. We have two extra dogs for the week, which makes life interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's lovely. Both my two live local and I am very, very lucky that they do.
      Two extra dogs, eh? Quite a challenge! Good luck with that. xx

      Delete
  4. Dry here but chilly I've slept late as I've saw my Dr yesterday and she gave me some gentle tabs to help me sleep and I have slept really well. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very good news, I'm glad.
      It's been a lovely day, thanks. xx

      Delete
  5. I hope you enjoyed your movie date and the drop in at John Lewis.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, thanks, Jackie, it was a lovely afternoon. xx

      Delete