Thursday 19 October 2023

Thursday, 19-10-23

 Morning, everyone.  After a soggy wet afternoon yesterday, it's dry here right now but isn't expected to stay that way all eday.  Ditto for Ely.  I'm going to take a spare pair of socks and shoes, just in case they're needed.  They can stay in the coach while we are 'doing' Ely and I can change into them, if needed, in the afternoon.  
I can be sensible - occasionally!

Thanks again for all your helpful comments yesterday regarding thermal underwear, waterproof trousers, etc - we do cover some exciting stuff in here, don't we?  I'm taking a few weeks before making a decision, doing a bit of research in the meanwhile and borrowing from friends may be in the picture too.

After a chat with Chris where we chatted non stop and could have carried on another hour or so, I drove over to Sainsbury's.  Oh, dear - they had the first of their Christmas selection in and I might possibly have sorted out my posh evening clothes thingy now.  I tried taking photos but they really haven't come out well at all.  Maybe I'll try again in daylight and see.

So this is a quick one because I have to be off in a little while.  Ely calleth!  Will the coach have to swim?  I have no idea but I'm glad I'm not driving.  We did have such a shedload of rain yesterday!

I have the camera, I have apples for breakfast and my evening meal is in the fridge, ready to heat up.  I have umbrella, raincoat and one of those fold up macs to go over if it's really wet.  And boots. And a change of shoes and socks.
I'm sure we will have a really good time.

See you Friday, complete with photos.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Wishing you a great day and looking forward to seeing your photos.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There’s a no travel warning here in Scotland this morning so I’ll be houseworking. Enjoy your day and look forward to seeing the photos. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, goodness. I hope it wasn't as bad as they thought it might be. xx

      Delete
  3. Have a really lovely day x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are on a trip. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a day trip to Ely by coach. It was good. xx

      Delete
  5. Ohh, I see your trip to Ely was good. I am glad that you had a lovely time.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete