Monday 9 October 2023

Monday, 09-10-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my Monday blog.  As I haven't been out to the shed yet, I have no idea what the weather is like but it feels quite cool inside.  Not cool enough for an oodie though, so no thoughts of turning on the heating, not yet. 

Yesterday remained fine all day with some lovely sunshine at times.  Not that I went out all that much after the morning shop, I was very, very tired and after Sunday lunch I slept, proper sleep not just dozing, for about an hour and a half.
I wasn't surprised at who was eliminated on Strictly, but I was sorry for them.  It is such a strong field this year and I have absolutely no idea who will get through to the final, there are so many possibles.  I'm so glad Strictly is back though.  It's part of my Autumn/winter weekend and feels so cosy and comfortable.

Today, there's a lot more going on.  I checked my diary yesterday and realised that I have an early morning appointment at the surgery for my shingles jab.  I had rather forgotten this so I'm very glad I looked.  As there's an Aldi just round the corner, I think I will pop in afterwards as there's a few things I could get there that I don't actually need right now but will need soon so it seems only sensible really.

Then it's home for breakfast and then off to small group circuits.  I'll have to go carefully as there's still a few muscle aches from last week, especially in my shoulders (from the swimming and then the wheelchair lifting, I think) but a good workout will do me the world of good.

After that, things slow down a bit.  I must do some tidying around the kitchen and living room, just bits and pieces that need to go away and I want to sort out a few things in the garden too.

And that's today - proper back to normal again and it feels very satisfying.  Have a lovely day, everyone, and take care.  xx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Joy, have I missed something; who was the wheelchair for? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth has mobility issues because of a spinal problem and uses a wheelchair for walks, etc. It's freed her up amazingly and has been a real blessing. xx

      Delete
    2. Oh sorry to hear that Joy and glad the chair has helped Beth; I too have mobility problems as have severe ME ( housebound mostly and many days bedbound) and a whole host of other stuff so I understand how hard it must be for Beth, love to you all xx Mo

      Delete
  2. Sorry Joy forgot to put my name; it is me Mo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the aches go away. Sleep is a great healer. We're promised high temperatures again today - well, high for October, anyway. It's always good to see the sun:-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very pleasant here but the sun is very hazy and it's not what I would call warm. Not yet, anyway. Enjoy it while it lasts - I know I am. :-) xx

      Delete