Monday 5 June 2023

Monday, 05-06-23

 Morning, everyone!  The sun seems to have decided not to come out to play around here this morning which is a shame.  It may. or may not, reappear later on, says the BBC.  It's none too warm right now and, as I really don't want the heating on, I've dug out my long oodie!
It may not be warm but it's certainly light - I'm already exporting electricity to the grid, which is rather nice.  

In contrast, yesterday was absolutely gorgeous.  Fence to fence sunshine and warm with it.  I moved the egg chair to get the best of the sunshine which also, coincidentally, blocks the view from the house to the compost bin a little bit so no complaints from me and it can stay there for a while.

I really didn't do very much at all apart from meal prep and clearing away (plus the usual wiping over things) but I did sit out in the sunshine and . . . 







. . .  I did pick some strawberries from my patch.  Three cheers!







I'm loving that the Sewing Bee has started again.  Yes, there's annoying bits, aren't there always (?) but it is a favourite programme all the same.

I've discovered a YouTube channel that complements each episode with two vlogs.  One is a general overview
Here's the link.
https://www.youtube.com/@TheWoolpatch
The Woolpatch is, according to the bumph . . . and I quote:
"a bricks and mortar shop in Long Melford Suffolk UK run by me, Stuart. This channel is about the shop and its community. < snip >. The shop sells yarn, fabric and haberdashery!"

One vlog each week is a general overview of the programme with the shop owner, Stuart, and a friend and it's called 'The Great British Sewing Bee Unpicked'.  

The other is called 'The Great British Sewing Bee all gathered up' and this one is really interesting as it's a conversation and demo between Stuart and Carol who is a master tailor and couturier where they spotlight on two themes from that week's programme, explain what it means and demo how to get it right.  So, for example, in the first one they looked at French seams and elastic while last week focused on drama in clothes and putting in a zip.
I think they're really rather good and I'm looking forward to using them each week as a sort of follow up to each programme.  If you're interested in that sort of thing, I think they're worth a look.

(I haven't explored the other videos o the channel yet; a lot of them just seem to be listing patterns)

Half term is over now and Lindsey is back in action again.  The week starts with circuits although Lindsey says it will be a bit different to usual as a couple of mums are coming and bringing their children (as it is an INSET day for their school).  I think that sounds rather nice and I'm looking forward to it.

I was umming and ahing about going into town first thing but I don't think I will.  I've made a resolution to have a low spend month and, as there's loads of summer clothes in the shops right now, I would be bound to fall into temptation.  So no.
ANyway, it's dull and a bit chilly so won't be all that nice, I expect.


16 comments:

  1. I'm trying to have a low-spend month too, seeing how far I can stretch the limited amount of meat and fish I bought on Saturday. Like you, I'm also avoiding going into any shops - that's one of the easiest way of avoiding spending for me, just don't go shopping! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dearly love meandering around shops but it's just not sensible, is it? Good luck to us both. xx

      Delete
  2. Homegrown strawberries already - how lovely. Ours are still flowering so we may get some later x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why they are so early but it's very nice! xx

      Delete
  3. Wow those strawberries look fantastic, makes me wish we hadn't got rid of our strawberry patch - especially as this year, so far, the British strawberries I've bought have been very middle of the road in quality.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they should improve as we enter the strawberry season. I'm looking forward to PYO and Lathcoats. xx

      Delete
  4. I'm just a little envious of your home grown strawberries, as I don't have any this year. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you have some next year? xx

      Delete
    2. I hope so. I just intend to keep on top of the garden this year and give the raised bed a year off. And my strawberry container split during the frosty weather and I never got round to replacing it. X

      Delete
    3. Ah, yes, that makes sense and they should be all the better next year for treating the soil with kindness. xx

      Delete
  5. I am hoping for a lower spend month as well. We have all we need for the garden (at least I hope) and the projects I have in mind should not cost anything.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those strawberries look delicious! I hope they tasted as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They tasted really good, thanks. Strawberries can taste so, so delicious and juicy, can't they. xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely to see your strawberries cropping already, mine are still small and green. But I live in hope of some tasty red treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will get some. I don't know why mine are so early, it's odd. xx

      Delete