Saturday 10 June 2023

Saturday, 10-06-23

 


Suddenly bursting into colour!

Morning, everyone.  The sun is shining and I have a nice, active morning followed by a lazy afternoon.  What a pleasant way to spend a Saturday, eh?

But first, yesterday.
Weigh in at Slimming World was a bit of a disaster with a gain and I know exactly why.  Totally my own fault, most of it will be very temporary and it's given me renewed determination.  As I said over on the other blog a few days ago, I'm in my 'happy place' anyway, a specific target is just that - a target to aim for, not the be-all and end-all of life.
Group was really good with lots of laughter, as always, and some very helpful advice.  I so enjoy going.

First thing, before SW, I had stripped my bed, washed the bedding and got it out on the line so, when I was home again after group, I brought it all in and finished off all the ironing so I have an empty basket which is always nice.

Beth turned up and we went down to the Hare at Roxwell.  It used to be a favourite place but the service went a bit downhill.  However, it is under new management now so we gave it a go and the service is back to how it used to be which is great.  And they still do the smaller plate meals too, which is great.
We had a great old head to head about all sorts of stuff (including next Christmas) that carried on when we got home and I made us coffee.
We'll definitely be having a family 'Christmas' the weekend before although Beth agreed that a Christmas cake isn't all the necessary this year.  I will have to think of another way to celebrate Mum's birthday, I guess.  Maybe make up and freeze the not-sausage rolls that she always made and have become a real part of Christmas traditions.
(and all the money I will be saving can go into the holiday savings pot)
We also chatted about the Monday to Friday holiday we are having at Center Parcs in October, sorting out a few organisational things.  I know it's several months ahead yet but it is all part of the fun, isn't it?

This morning, I have an online SET class in less than two hours and an hour after that I'm meeting the group at Writtle car park for a nice walk around the village in the sunshine.  It's not a particularly long walk, David said, but that's OK, it is as much about the chat as it is about the walking.

Back home again after that, I plan to have lunch and then have a comfortable and easy afternoon.  We have no forecast of stormy weather here but it will be hot (up to 28C) so I think a sit out in the shade of the garden with the latest Marion Todd book that has just landed in my Kindle and the SW recipe book I got free with a six week countdown.  Basically, you pay for five weeks and get one week free and sometimes there's a new recipe book out that comes as a freebie.  This one is all about traybakes and I have already seen several I really want to try.

I've just remembered, I need to bake another loaf.  It's warm so rising and proving is not going to be a problem so I can start it when I get home, it will be baked by the evening and ready to slice and freeze tomorrow morning - all good.

And I think I ought to get my big fan out of the garage for my bedroom overnight - just in case it is needed.

So that is my day and it should be good.  How about you?  I think it is about time to say 'stay cool and hydrated' rather than 'stay warm' or 'be safe'.  So enjoy the sun but drink plenty of water.  xx



To finish off - look what I found.  Very blurred, sorry, but eeeeek - exciting.  I love a baby tomato!

18 comments:

  1. Glorious clematis - I do love clematis, they're so reliable. A baby tomato already - how lovely. Our raspberries and strawberries are coming along but we have few cherries this year. I don't mind - it's just good to see things growing healthily. Enjoy your weekend. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beauty, isn't it? I love it.
      I love to see things growing too - it does my heart good. xx

      Delete
  2. We are currently at 24C and I’m exhausted already. Sitting indoors with all the windows open and the blinds half down. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just looked and it is 28C at the moment. It is still lovely and cool in the living room but it won't be before long as the sun is just starting to shine in. I'll be doing the same soon - windows open, blinds closed. xx

      Delete
  3. Well - we have rain today! The dogs don't know what to do with themselves, they are so used to almost loving outdoors:) My tomatoes are doing well, it's always so nice to see their development isn't it?
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's lovely to see them grow and I bet they are appreciating that rain. xx

      Delete
  4. Should say almost Living outdoors!!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the group was full of laughter and a good time, that is almost better than a pound or two's weight loss. And I love that you are in 'your happy place' at the moment.

    You have some lovely holidays to look forward to this year. We have just been discussing a way for us to have numerous holidays at virtually no extra cost to us, we have a little planning to do still but I do love it when a plan starts to come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue, I appreciate that. I'd go along even if I were at target, just for the fun and friendship.

      That sounds intriguing - will you blog about it when your plans are ready? xx

      Delete
    2. Would I be a 'proper' Blogger if I didn't. ;-)
      Of course I will. :-)

      Delete
  6. You always have lovely ways to keep busy and enjoy life! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much all the 'busy' in my life is pleasant-busy nowadays and easily deferred, if necessary. isn't it a great place to be? I love retirement. xx

      Delete
  7. Look at those gorgeous clematis flowers.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's more out this morning (Sunday). It's a beautiful plant. Thanks, Jackie. xx

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you're really busy! You are so active. I love the baby tomato. Hopefully it will grow nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I must have a way of making 'not terribly busy' sound like I have lots to do. I guess anyone in their own house is going to have daily stuff to do that sounds busy but, really, it is just normal, everyday little things that add to the joy of life.
      I love baby tomatoes too - they are so cute.
      xx

      Delete