Thursday 8 June 2023

Thursday, 08-06-23

 A few photos:

Baby courgette - fingers crossed!
Very healthy tomatoes.
One of the cucumbers
One of the new lupins.
This is the best.  I thought I had lost my lovely bay bush but no - back it is coming.  Those two big leaves are all that remain of the old bush but give it a few years and it'll be flourishing (hopefully) again.






Morning, everyone.  I'm sorry this is so late.  I had a tiredness crash yesterday evening; by half seven I just couldn't keep my eyes open so went to bed and slept the clock round.  I have skipped online SET and will do the recording later on but I did get my chat with Chris (most important)
Why the tiredness I have no idea but I do feel loads better now.  

Those weeds at the front are now inside the brown bin and personal training yesterday was really very good, even if I was shattered afterwards.

So it is half way through the day and I've achieved very little which is a bit of a pain but not to worry, I do have plenty of time.
I want to get some washing in and on the line, even if it is just one load and there's a bit of tidying up to do but that's about it so I will just enjoy the lovely warm sunshine that has at last arrived round here.

Well, better go and sort out a load of washing, I guess.  I hope your day is going well.  xx

12 comments:

  1. My day is going well thanks, I had a bit of a tiredness crash last night too. I found myself looking at the clock and thinking 'is it too early to go to bed at 9.15' ... I managed to stay awake until 10pm and went to bed while it was still light. I think with me it is my hayfever sapping some of my energy, when your nose is bunged up and your eyes are sore it makes you feel drained.

    I love your baby Courgette plant, aren't courgette leaves just the cuddliest, chubbiest leaves ever ... I'm sad, it's official. ;-)

    Your tomatoes look healthier than mine and our cucumbers are about the same. To keep on the theme of comparisons, your lupin is white and mine is blue ... and they are both gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's odd, these crashes. It's likely to be hay fever related, I guess and, thank goodness, we can accommodate them.
      Baby courgettes are cute, I agree. It's hardly credible that they can add up so huge!
      Lupins are so lovely - colourful but also sort of 'sculptured'.
      xx

      Delete
  2. All your plants look fabulous. I once had a Bay tree - it was maybe a foot tall and in a pot.I planted it in my garden. It grew to 10 feet tall or more...and was cut right down. It came back even taller! It''s been cut down again and the rootstock scored with a chainsaw.. I think it's still trying to set new plants. It's the most indestructible thing I ever grew.
    Hope the tiredness thing wears off...

    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - ten foot tall. That's big. I'm happy with a bush and I do use the leaves when cooking so I was a bit gutted when I thought I'd lost it.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Glad you got some restorative sleep, I sometimes feel summer is more tiring than winter - all the outdoor stuff that needs doing all at once plus the regular household tasks!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be, I agree, despite the shorter hours of daylight in the winter. But, generally, it's fun being able to be out for longer, I think. xx

      Delete
  4. We all need to have a long restorative sleep sometimes. Sleep is good x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep is brilliant - it really does help. xx

      Delete
  5. I have found myself sleeping a bit longer or going to bed earlier as well. I am blaming the heat we are getting. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heat, definitely, plus all that environmental pollution, don't you think? It's even hitting the main news over here. xx

      Delete
  6. Your garden is looking so lovely. I'm tired all the time lately. It seems to go in spurts for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. It's rather selective, the photos I show but I do like my little space, even if it's not quite what I would go for nowadays. It's fairly hassle free and I like that. xx

      Delete