Tuesday 1 November 2022

Tuesday

 Morning, one and all.  November is here starting with All Saints' Day or All Hallows' Day today and All Souls' Day tomorrow.
Thank you for all your interesting comments about Halloween yesterday.  Kay (the financial adviser) said that she had seen a number of groups of teenagers dressed up and wandering about the area but they certainly didn't come here and maybe they were just heading off to a party or something like that.  I hope so anyway.

It was really nice getting back to my normal routine again yesterday.  

The day started with a rummage around HomeSense, Matalan and Home Bargains.  HomeSense was, as always, really good.  It's an interesting place with 'different' sort of stuff and I have learned not to go away and 'think about it' for too long because once it has gone, it's gone.  I was delighted to see that they had some Spode 'Christmas Tree' plates and shallow bowls - soup plates, I think they would be called.  They weren't molto cheapo but they were cheaper than one would usually pay; I got three bowls and might go back for a few more bits but I need to 'think about it' first.

Matalan had some good Christmas stuff but not much I actually wanted.  I had seen on their site some bedding that looked rather nice but, seeing the real thing, it wasn't as nice as it looked on screen.  I came out with slippers (for the twelve days) and a nightie (needed).

I popped into Home Bargains because it was there, really, and came out with the cheap scented candle that will probably smell OK - I hope.

When I got home, it was a bit of a rush to get changed and out for circuits.

After circuits, it was just home based stuff.

In the evening, apart from what Kay had come to do - explore finances, etc - she said that she had solar panels fitted last year and is going to send me the name of the company she used as she was really pleased with what they did.  So that's good.

Today is less busy.  It starts energetically with Groove and it's a new block so there will be new routines to learn.  Then I will probably spend the rest of the day at home as it's a bit wild and blowy outside at the moment.  There's ironing, some info gathering for Kay, generally this, that and the other to catch up with - plenty to keep me busy anyway.

Well, it is nearly seven so I'd better stop waffling and get on with other things, starting with another coffee, I think.  Have a lovely day, everyone.  xx

18 comments:

  1. Are you still going ahead with a garden room outside?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely and some of the money has been set aside for that. xx

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've ever been in any of those shops. Maybe there's some in Ipswich? They don't appeal to me at all.
    Hope your day goes well. Looks very blowy. Week 2 of my exercise group - nowhere near as energetic as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, they surprise me. HomeSense is the best for interesting stuff, I think. xx

      Delete
  3. Our statement came in from our financial services this morning so that will be a job for later today! Craft class this morning and I prepped it at the weekend so hopefully all will go smoothly. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas things are in the shops and the adverts have started, but at least it's November now and I can turn a blind eye and not grumble too much about it. I'm still reeling from the fact that is IS November, gosh how did that happen so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you read Weaver of Grass blog? We are all concerned about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There hasn't been a post for a while, has there? Hoping she is OK. xx

      Delete
    2. Over 100 comments and concerns

      Delete
  6. Do you have B&M near you? It's similar to Home Bargains but much bigger so more choice. I find them useful for toiletries and cheap spices. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do, but not on the same site. It is good, I agree. xx

      Delete
  7. I would be hard pressed to walk away from that Spode. I have a collection of mugs, side plates and serving plates for use at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely old design, isn't it. I have what I call an 'eclectic selection' of Christmas china but I do love the Spode. xx

      Delete
  8. It's sometimes nice to have a wander around just to see what's out there! I am becoming more choosy about decorations I am bringing into the house though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I understand completely. I think I must be too! Time was when I had precious little because we always went up to Mum and Dad's. Now I stay at home and it's worth more effort! xx

      Delete
  9. HomeSense has some interesting things. We had no children last night, first time that has ever happened.... I missed seeing the costumes and the happy faces as I handed out the treats.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely another aspect to it all - thanks, Jackie. xx

      Delete