Friday 18 November 2022

Friday

 Morning!  Round here, yesterday was an absolute shocker with heavy rain at times and a strong wind until around two o'clock when it cleared up a little bit and we might have had a few moments of sunshine at one point.  Poor Chris had to cancel the trip she had planned with friends to look round the Beth Chatto Gardens so we did get our chat after all and very nice it was too.  Hopefully, she/they can go today.

Then I drove to Val's and had another lovely time, this time with lunch thrown in.  She's coming to me next month so I will have to think of something light and festive.

Talking of festive . . .




.. . I really can't be bothered to take these upstairs.  They can sit in the corner and look exciting!


It was jolly chilly come the evening so I snuggled under my electric fleece and stayed nice and warm and cosy.  Lovely!





Today, like pretty much every Friday, starts with Slimming World, moves on to housework and getting the house cleaner ready and then some ironing and/or some more sorting out and clearing which is proving to be not quite as bad as I thought - there's not an awful lot to get rid of, it just needs a good tidy up.  In between SW and housework, I'm doing a shop at Morrisons.  I have a shopping list - does anyone go shopping without a list nowadays? - so I have everything I need for Stir Up Sunday and also for tomorrow - but I'll tell you about that tomorrow!

Have a fantastic Friday and stay warm.  xx


8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Your 12 days of Christmas presents? :-)
    I finally succumbed and swapped the summer duvets with the winter ones. It was lovely to snuggle into it at first but got too hot during the night! I was really pleased to be able to wash the summer ones in my new washing machine, which takes an 8kg load and has a 'Bedding' function, worked out really well.
    Hope Chris will manage to get to Beth Chatto's garden soon, it's lovely and they're probably Christmas themed at the moment. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, family gifts - they are bit, not necessarily lavish. But they do look nice, don't they?
      I think they are going today - it's a beautiful day here today - a bit chilly but I have my washing out on the line. xx

      Delete
  2. It was shocking weather here yesterday too but thankfully it's better today. Those presents look very exciting. I'd leave them there too. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A girl after my own heart! :-)
      It is very much nicer here today too. xx

      Delete
  3. The pressies look lovely. I agree, it's imperative to take a shopping list to supermarkets these days .
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to see so many people with lists but now everyone seems to have one, either on paper or on their phone. xx

      Delete
  4. I've also shopped with a list in the supermarket ... too many distractions and I'd forget the essentials!

    The presents look lovely. Do you feel Christmassy yet? I heard a Christmas song on the radio today and thought it was much too early. On the other hand I watched Nigella's Christmas 2015 programme and love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really do. I started listening to last Christmas' playlist on YouTube as I was knitting and it felt all warm and squidgy, if you know what I mean. Even clearing the cupboards helps because now there's room to bring my Christmas china inside! :-)
      xx

      Delete