Tuesday 8 November 2022

Tuesday

 Good morning, everyone.  When I woke this morning, it was nice and dry and looked hopeful.  Now, at nearly eight o'clock, it's chucking it down again but, thankfully, it isn't feeling cold.  The radiators clicked in earlier but they're only slightly warm now so that's good.

Yesterday went according to plan.  I met with Heather, clerk to the governors, at nine and we went through all the stuff that was needed including how the Governors' site works.  I handed over the forms, signed various things saying I was a law abiding person with no convictions, provided proof of identity and met several more old friends, most of whom didn't recognise me at first - it makes me laugh every time.  

By the time I got home, there was an email from Essex Council regarding the second part of the DBS, to be completed online.  What a palaver - rightly so but it is - and I decided to leave it until today.

Circuits was great fun.  A full group today and some more tricky stuff, some of which really challenged (which is what it's all about, to be fair).  Another in the group seems to have had the same virus as I had so we had an enjoyable few minutes saying how horrible it was!  

Once home and after lunch, I got out the ironing board and finally, at long last, the basket is empty (for a few days).  That was a relief as it's been giving me guilty vibes every time I walked past!  Then I sat down, watched telly stuff (an old Jamie Oliver thing on You Tube that was once a video that I had) about Christmas.  Very, very old and there's no way I would go to those lengths but most enjoyable and there were some good ideas.  He makes a good gravy, I'll give him that, and I always follow his advice and put some onion, lemon and orange inside the turkey too!

Today starts, as always on Tuesdays, with Groove down at St Andrew's church hall.  Then I'm home and there's a number of things I need to do.  For a start, I have quite a lot of paperwork/admin that really, really needs to be done and dusted and there's quite a lot of clutter to sort out.  If I get all that done, I will be very happy.

I hope you have better weather than it is here right now.  Stay warm, stay dry and have a great day!  xx

12 comments:

  1. Morning Joy. Sorry I haven't been able to comment recently but I do love reading your posts. I've been watching a lot of Christmas cooking programmes on TV lately. Jamie's gravy recipes sound so tasty don't they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just come from your blog and saw your signal isn't too great. It's no problem, Cherie, I'm glad you are enjoying them.
      I do love all the old Christmas programmes that reappear in November and December. Happy vibes. xx

      Delete
  2. I'm like you - just watching those old cookery shows is a feel good even if I never cook any of the recipes!
    I still have a small ironing pile from when we had those heat waves - I think I'd better just put the whole lot away until next year now!!!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how much that cheers me up! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. No such luck ... it's been raining hard all day but hopefully we'll have a few dry and sunny days from tomorrow. Wet days are perfect for pottering at home and catching up with odds and ends aren't they. I haven't been watching any TV but have been watching Instant Pot recipes on YouTube ready to start my batch cooking next week.

    Hope you enjoyed Groove and have been able to complete all your admin tasks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did and yes, I have. It feels great.
      It's been pouring today here too - some really extremely heavy rain at times.
      YouTube can be so very useful, can't it?

      Delete
  4. I just got the laundry done for this week and my ironing basket will need to be worked on tomorrow. Also, a small pile of mending. Playing catchup this week as we didn't quite manage to get home on Sunday due to the snow and road closures.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw on your blog it had been a difficult journey. I'm glad you got home safely. Good luck with the laundry basket! xx

      Delete
  5. It sounds like a really busy day! Sorry it was raining. It was actually quite nice here today but they are forecasting snow for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite busy but very satisfying too. Snow, eh? Is that early or usual for you? xx

      Delete
  6. I love all the old Christmas food specials done by all my favourite celeb cooks, Jamie, Nigella, Nigel et al ... I have never made a single thing I've watched them make but it's an enjoyable way to relax with a coffee while someone cooks and shows off an elaborate Christmas done to Insta standards. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made the occasional thing - Nigella's Christmas muffins are delicious and I always use Delia's recipe for Christmas cake and veggie sausage rolls. I've done the occasional Jamie too - his thick drinking chocolate powder makes a lovely gift.
      But yes, the real delight is seeing someone else do all the hard work while we relax in our most comfortable chair and soak up the atmosphere. xx

      Delete