Wednesday 23 November 2022

Wednesday

 Morning, everyone.
After a very bad night over Monday night and after fighting to stay awake until a half sensible time last night, I gave in at about half past eight, went to be and slept like a log all night.  I feel so much better again this morning, thank goodness.

Yesterday turned out to be a really pleasant day, although pretty cold, especially in the hall where we have the Groove class.  There are heaters but they are those 'hang from the ceiling' electric ones and the place gets hot very quickly.  Mind you, once we got going, we generated enough heat to steam up the windows!

In the New Year, Lindsey is having an open house to sell re-used clothes - or as we say nowadays, 'pre-loved' which sounds so much nicer than 'second hand', I think.  Anyway, it is an ideal opportunity to move something to the top of my clearing out list and do a good wardrobe clear-out.  She's taking things from now onward so if I really get going, I can take a bag load over to her when I go for personal training today.

I spent the rest of the day sorting things out, doing some washing, etc, etc, etc.  I feel I am getting there, although I took one look at the big cupboard and shut the door again - don't want to tackle that in one go.  I think a shelf at a time is the way to go, for sure.

I'm loving my Fire.  It is a lot easier to use than I expected and the little clip on keyboard is great.  The only thing is that when it is on, the keyboard doesn't go right round to the back so I went on to Amazon and got a very cheap and basic little stand which I can use for the old Kindle and my phone as well, should I need to.  So that's all good.

Today, therefore, is bedroom sorting this morning, plus some ironing.  Then it is personal training.  In the afternoon, I will tackle one shelf, maybe two if I'm feeling brave.  There's some stuff that could go upstairs into the small bedroom and some stuff that I no longer need, now I am not doing tuition any more (and won't be).

Have a lovely day, everyone.  The days may be getting shorter in this neck of the woods but we can still pack plenty into each day if we want to.  Keep smiling!  xx

12 comments:

  1. Good morning, a wardrobe sort out is exactly what I need to do! However, I am not sure where my time is actually going - each day is packed from start to finish, maybe the shorter daylight hours have something to do with that. The charity doll is almost completed and yesterday I finished my handmade Christmas gifts. This time it was a set of coffee tins covered with twine and embellished in a shabby chic style. They do look amazing.

    Happy sorting Joy,
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame 'comments' doesn't allow for photos because then we could see them.
      I'm sure you are right, the shorter daylight hours do make a significant difference.
      xx

      Delete
  2. My wardrobe appears to be full, but the clothes are mainly unsuitable for wearing day to day. I need some new outfits and ones which work much better for me.
    A good clear out is required, so I hope you've given me a nudge in the right direction. Happy Wednesday! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done my jumpers/tops which was today's 'target' amd have a nice big bad to take to Lindsey.
      Last time she had one of these sales (which are for charity), I had just done a clear out and donated it all to the Sally Army. Better timing this time round! xx

      Delete
  3. I had to think for a minute there - a fire with a clip on keyboard?! Of course you mean your new Kindle!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your wardrobe clearance. I can't face doing mine just yet so will leave it until the new year ... I feel the same way about sorting my wardrobe as you do about your big cupboard!

    Hope personal training was good. Enjoy the rest of your day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done some of it and taken the discards over to Lindsey. It feels good!
      I do know what you mean - sometimes it can just feel too much. I did one shelf - the easiest shelf - in the big cupboard. It's a start.

      PT was great, thanks. I enjoy it so much. xx

      Delete
  5. I find it so hard to part with anything! Most of my recent clothes purchases have been from Value Village which is our re-used store, so maybe I should donate back some of my earlier purchases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds a good way to go, for sure. It's so nice to pay things on.
      I find it very hard too - I get so sentimental about stuff, I really do. xx

      Delete
  6. A good wardrobe sorting sounds just the thing. I cleaned my China cabinet today but slammed the doors on the hutch.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't blame you. Well done re the cabinet! xx

      Delete