Sunday 6 November 2022

Sunday

 First of all, here's the photo I took of the raffle win, Sue.


I forgot the baby corn and the sweet corn in my answer yesterday.  I was very happy with this haul!  The bars have gone, the baked beans are being opened this morning and I'm making a chicken noodle soup so I might add some of the cannellini beans to that as well as some of the small can of corn.

Morning, everyone.  It was a miserable day, weather wise, yesterday and it looks as if today is going to be worse.  It's chucking it down at the moment and looks as if it's not going anywhere else at the moment.

Yesterday started off with a walk with some of the SW group.  It wasn't a long walk which was probably just as well because it was merely spitting with rain when we started off but by the time we arrived at the tearooms where we planned to have coffee. it was raining quite hard.  Sustained with coffee and a diversion into a shop by the female members of the group we finished the walk rather damp and definitely chilly.

I was going to turn up the heating when I get home but no - I had spent a fair amount on an oodie for just that reason so on it want, I made a coffee and within fifteen minutes the shivers had gone and I felt toasty warm again.  Excellent.

After lunch (a nice, warming cheesy jacket potato, yummy), I settled down and went to sleep.  Not for long but it was very satisfying.  The rest of the day was the usual stuff - meal prep, housework, etc - and I wrote that meeting report.  I am so out of practice with things like that and will need to give it a careful read through before sending it off.

There's not much chance I will want to go out today but that's fine.  I have things to do, sheets to wash, meals to plan, magazines to read and there's always the crochet to keep my fingers busy.  I won't be bored, that's for sure.

What are your plans?  xx













12 comments:

  1. What a great raffle prize! There are so many recipes that can make use of all those items.
    It's yet another grey and damp day here. I have a supermarket shop I need to do, but first I am trying to summon up some energy to go for a run. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really pleased.

      Good luck with the run - I'm staying inside today and keeping cosy! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your day tucked up in home. I'm glad your oodie worked for you ... I'm wondering how I ever managed without one!

    I'm having a day in the kitchen cooking up some of the things I found lurking at the back of the freezer. Some packages have lost their labels so it could result in some unusual combinations but I may as well use it up before I restock. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May all those surprises be good ones. I know exactly what you mean.

      I love my Oodie. Before I had one, I wondered what the fuss was but now I know. :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an ideal way to warm up - an oodie and hot food. Lovely raffle prize too!
    I'm baking this afternoon, a few mince pies ( first of the season!!) and an apple brandy cake.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the chores are always there. Good for you for putting on your hoodie and saving on heat. I just stacked lots of firewood by the door. We have a storm approaching. After my bath, I will go up and put the chains on my tires while the sun is still shining. The cast iron fireplace insert I bought last year is really keeping the cabin toasty. I just have to keep feeding it, including in the middle of the night...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the storm isn't too bad and that you stay nice and warm. I'm guessing 'chains' means you're expecting snow? xx

      Delete
  5. Nice lot of goodies. It's really nice that the raffle was for something useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always are at Slimming World. Never very big but always useful, one way or another. xx

      Delete
  6. That is a brilliant raffle win, it's a proper little hamper of goodies, and good store-cupboard standbys too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so pleased as you can imagine. And nothing that I don't like/use. xx

      Delete