Thursday 17 November 2022

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.  Where is the week going?  I'm sure it can only be Tuesday in reality!  Not only are we nearly at the end of the working week, we're also more than half way through November and that is just ridiculous!

It's raining out there - what a surprise!  To be fair, yesterday morning was rather nice with some bright sunshine although by around two, that was fading and the rain started not long afterwards.  Beeb seems to think it will rain pretty much all day but I can hope!!

I got quite a lot done yesterday.  The cupboard under the stairs was not nearly as bad as I thought it was and I found some items I thought I had lost, including my iPod.  It's been years and years since I used it and I've forgotten passwords, etc, so I've found a YouTube video (is there anything YouTube doesn't cover?) that tells me how I can reset it.  I'm not used to apple stuff so it feels a bit clunky but we will see.  I've managed without it for years so it's not the end of the world if I can't manage to change my password, etc.

Sharon came, did her usual and now I feel neat and tidy again.  Phew.  Which reminds me - I didn't pay her.  Hang on . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Done.  I always do an online payment nowadays.  It's simple (as long as I remember) and Sharon prefers it.

Then I went off to Lindsey's and had a good old workout there.  I'm definitely over that virus now, it felt so much better than last week.  I never thought I would say this but I really do enjoy my one to one sessions and always feel much brighter afterwards.

I really am on the last lap of the C2C blanket now.  I might even finish it today, if I can remember how to do the very last row which I want to be the same as that small blanket I made as it really gives a good edge.  Goodness, it is a heavy thing though.  I never thought it would be so very heavy but I suppose it has to be considering how much yarn is in it.  It keeps me beautifully warm as I work on it too.  Between oodies and blankets, if the power does go off, I should be toasty warm!

Today, usually, Chris and I meet up for out catchup but she can't make it today so I will start the day with a bit more sorting out.  Later on, I am off to Val's for lunch and that's pretty much the day gone really.  It will be lovely to see her again and catch up on things.

Well, I'd better stop meandering and go over to Facebook and do my duties there.  Have a good day, everyone.  Stay warm and dry if you can.  xx


6 comments:

  1. This week/month is just whizzing by and yes, it's been raining for most of the month up to now here, although we too had a little break from the wet weather yesterday. At least those reservoirs should be fillings up nicely.

    I do most of my payments online these days and also send money gifts straight from my bank account to the kids, grandkids and great grandkids ... they have all got bank accounts. I forgot to post my eldest grandson's birthday card as I hadn't realised that we were so far into November, so I went online and sent him his birthday money along with an apology. As he's 23 and a busy working man himself he completely understood. Phew!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 'kids' today do appreciate money so they can get something they really want.
      xx

      Delete
  2. We have snow today, don't know which is worse. Although if you are dressed properly you don't have to worry about getting soaked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, true, but it tends to be a lot colder.
      Hoping your snow isn't too bad. xx

      Delete
  3. So glad you managed to get under the stairs done. I remember the cupboard under the stairs when I was a child. It was where we kept all our toys. Sometimes things got buried in the back and when we had a clear out we found things we'd forgotten about, new treasures.

    Thanks for the memories. I hadn't thought about them in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad too - it was bothering me. I could use that space! xx

      Delete