Wednesday 8 April 2020

Wednesday

Good morning, everyone.  How's it going?  We had lovely sunshine here yesterday and accompanying warmth.  I flung the doors open again and let the spring air into the house - lovely!

I went shopping early, deciding to arrive while the key worker hour was still on and queue for a short while.  It was the right decision; as soon as the hour was up, it was straight into the shop with the first 'cohort'.  There were very few gaps on the shelves and, as well as everything on my list, I managed to get stuff for Beth that they had been out of last week.  I even managed to get myself some wholewheat penne.  OK, it was the higher branded kind but once in a while that's OK.
A most satisfying shop.

Like Viv, (yesterday's comments), I am now well and truly stocked up until after Easter with plenty of fruit and veg, some fresh fish and a chicken to roast on Friday.

People are so kind, aren't they?  Later on I got a message from Chris over the cul de dac to say she'd got some loo rolls that she'd bought, not because she needed any but she was thinking of either me or Beth.  As it happens, I'm fine but Beth has been running very short and can't get out, so I accepted them gladly on her behalf, swapping them for rhubarb from the allotment.

I was reading one of my rubbish magazines and one of the articles was about PE with Joe where he said that his advertising revenue had shot up over the last three weeks (unsurprisingly) and he was donating all the extra money from this PE initiative to supporting the NHS in various ways.  Good for him, thought I.

Things I didn't do yesterday :
exercise - ooops
planting the seeds - eeek!
watching something for entertainment
However, I did get both those skirts sorted out and now there's no danger that they will fall down.  It was simple enough but took a fair bit of hand sewing so, while working on them, I caught up with the last two episodes of Back In Time for the Corner Shop.

Today is interesting (truly, not sarcastically)
There's the algebra course, of course!  It's getting hard now and I'm starting to feel a bit out of my depth now it's moved in to finding (ie, creating) and simplifying formulae.  It's not the simplifying, that bit is OK, it's the creation of a formula from the 'story'/word problem that it a challenge.  Thank goodness there's no pressure, no test, no exam, no assessment!  If it takes me for ever, it really doesn't matter.

Something energetic:
I actually felt quite weary yesterday and I've done something to my neck/shoulder, hence skipping Joe and Co.  Today I have my hour of online personal training but that will be OK as Lindsey will take into account the neck problem.
I've tended to stay in, despite the guidelines saying it's OK to get a daily walk in.  It just seems more sensible not to and I do get out now and again for shopping and for allotment anyway.

Something for the house/garden:
Goodness, I really must, must, must get those seeds in.  Actually, when I was in Morrisons, they had some packs of seeds for sale and I got radishes (for the allotment) and parsley.  I know the latter is very slow germinating but I'll give it a go.
There's washing and ironing today - making the most of the fine weather!  I suppose I ought to do some tidying up as well.

Something social:
It's quite a day today.  First of all, I have to get the shopping over to Beth and we will, I am sure, have a distanced chat (shout) for a few minutes.
Then it's online with Lindsey for an hour of personal training.
Finally, it's the online SW meeting at five this evening.  Looking forward to that no end.

Something creative:
I want to finish the bias skirt which seems to have come together really well and just needs the hem turning up and sewing and then take a look at a pattern I have for a simple shift dress/long tunic.  I suspect it will require other items like a zip, which I don't actually have, but I'll take a look anyway.
I might cut out some paper hexagons for some patchwork too.  Maybe.

Something entertaining:
There seems to be a showing of The Nutcracker from the Mariinsky Theatre on You Tube.  I know it's usually considered to be a Christmas thing but it's bright, cheering, sparkly . . . what's not to like.  Also the music is wonderful.

That's my day all planned out.  Whether it will stay like that is in the lap of the gods but I'm sure it will go well.  Take care and stay safe, everyone.  xx


14 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, what a lovely post to read. I had my online SW meeting last night. It's my third one now and we have such a giggle! Louise, our leader, gave us all a stern talking to! She asked us to visualise what we want to look like coming out of lockdown- so efforts renewed today! More speed less biscuits haha , truly I'm in a rut and they make my joints ache but stopping is hard. Think I'll go cold turkey! Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stopping is very hard, yes. It's worth the effort though. Biscuits are BAD! Well, not good anyway!
      Good luck!
      xx

      Delete
    2. will confess to two digestives. Much improved on my score from the day before!

      Delete
    3. Digestives aren't so bad. I reckon they should be healthy extra Bs - they do have plenty of fibre. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fully planned day Joy and best of luck with the algebra It might as well be chinese to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, today's session has gone very well. It's cheered me up no end!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Oh, The Nutcracker is my absolute favourite ballet, both the storyline and the glorious music. I'll have to have a look for that, thank you. Enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a list of things you didn't do as your lists of things you want to do just wear me out reading!!
    Such a beautiful day yesterday - like you I had doors open and let the house fill with fresh air

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - oh, I often don't do everything but that's OK.
      It's not so bright yet today but I think the forecast is good. I have washing out on the line anyway so it's better not rain!
      Have a great say, Sue.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Have a look on the Royal Albert Hall's website - they are releasing some concerts free of charge. The are all listed in Facebook events if you can't find them on the website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to hear you are able to catch up with your friend, have you thought about taking a thermos or Go cup and a snack, so you can have a lovely distanced chat at leisure only touching your own things.If the weather holds you may be able to sit on her front lawn and really enjoy the time...at a distance. 😁😷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great idea, Margaret! In this lovely weather, it's such a pleasure to be outside.
      xx

      Delete