Thursday 2 April 2020

Thursday

Good morning!It looks as if the sun might shine again today and it doesn't feel so cold either - two good things straight away!

Yesterday was a really good day one way and another.

Personal training went really well.  I'm definitely becoming more coordinated and, while I think my balance will always be a bit dodgy, it's an awful lot better than it was.

As well as that, I had three - yes, three - other online 'events'.
The first was when Beth unexpectedly called me for a chat.  That was great and made up for Tuesday's disappointment.
Then it was the first proper SW online meeting and that was also lovely.  So nice to see other faces and hear other voices and I managed to hear surprisingly well.  Jennifer said no talking over someone else and that made all the difference, I think.  I heard a lot more than I do at most face to face meetings.
Finally, I'd been Facebook chatting to the girls (the ones I got out with for meals once a month) and we decided to try a video chat in the evening.  Well, what a palaver!  First of all, Julia's laptop wouldn't let her onto the video chat.  We tried for ages to get round that but never succeeded.  Then we thought to use Skype but I don't know how to use Skype and, judging by the comments, the others weren't so sure either.  Finally, after much coming and going, huffing and puffing, we all managed to get into Zoom together and had a fantastic chat, lots of laughs and fun.  So good.
I definitely didn't feel isolated yesterday.

I sorted out my T shirts and they are now much more organised and easy to get to.  Another job ticked off the list there. 

Beth needs bread so I can make a loaf for her.  I've put the ingredients into Thermione and it's happily kneading away there.  Yes, a bit of a cheat, I know, but that's the way I make bread.  Knowing it's working away on some lovely bread dough makes me happy.

Apart from a bit of knitting and what with all the additional social stuff, I didn't have time for the creative plans but that's OK.  They won't go away and nor will this current situation so there's bags of time.

As for the algebra, I did another hour's worth and also the card index box I ordered arrived so I spent some time writing up definitions.  I'll finish that for as far as I have gone tomorrow before carrying on with the study material.

As for today, I'm hoping to do . . .
Something physical:
As usual, PE with Joe and PT exercises.  It's really helping to keep active.

Something in the house/garden:
I have washing and ironing and a house to tidy as it's all looking just a bit messy.  Nothing awful, it just needs a bit of clearing really.  I have hat bread to continue with and Beth's asked me to do another shop for her, which I will do and get bread and shopping over to her at some point today.  I'm going to try getting to Morrisons later on this afternoon.  If there are still long queues, I'll come home again and leave it until Friday morning, getting there before eight to join the early queue.

Something relaxing/creative:
The usual knitting.  I'll see if I can get the top pattern sorted out today.
A friend sent me information about the National Theatre which is streaming some of its work for free.  An upcoming production is Jane Eyre and, as it's on YouTube, there are automatic subtitles so that's brilliant.  I've put it in the diary so I won't forget.

And there's that algebra.  It's still all making sense although I'm not sure how much I am retaining.  Seeing as it's just to keep my brain going I suppose retention isn't really an issue and, like most of us, I retain what I need to retain anyway.

So that's my day - what does yours look like?  xx



8 comments:

  1. Mine looks like a lot of time spent at the computer, both working and blogging, a chat with my Mum, she only does phone ... anything else would be much too complicated for her to master. A Facebook catch-up with everyone else in the family and then out to the polytunnel for a spot of watering and seed sowing. I forgot to put in any tomato seeds!!

    Stay safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all sounds very pleasant and productive.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I've planned some algebra, finish off the audiobook, phone call with my sister and some recipe hunting. Tonight it's a virtual pub quiz with friends.

    At some stage I will phone my friend to see how her two daughters are feeling today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping very much they only have it lightly.
      It seems well explained, that algebra course. I wish they'd taught it like that at school.
      Enjoy the quiz!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Not as busy as you. The window cleaner came today and did my eavestroughs as well as the windows. Poor chap has been hard hit by the restrictions although I had no problem with he being around my house as he was outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it really shouldn't cause any problems. I'd be happy to use him too. I'm glad you were able to give him a bit of extra work.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Like you I am sectioning my day into different activities. Right now I am going into the garden for an hour - so that wil be the exercise and some maintenance taken care of! Just catching up again so need to go back through your posts to see what you have been doing! stay safe and well. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds as if you are better than you were. That's great.
      xx

      Delete